redcat rampage xt xb worth buying or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitromarc03

Hello I have a question for all redcat rampage xt or xb trucks or buggies worth buying ? hows the quility? do they break easy? should I buy or save my money? thanks nitromarc

I dunno if I'm just lucky or what the issue is but I had to purchase the factory HSP version way back in June which was 8 months before Redcat released. I had ZERO parts support. I just needed it for fitting the belt drive I'm working on. Anyways, I've run the hell outta it doing R&D work and still have not busted anything except a CVD (ran full speed into a Savage Flux) and the body. It's the most reliable stock car I've ever owned. With the alloy parts coming soon it should be rock solid. Personally the only alloy parts that would be needed would be the front C-hubs, steering knuckles, and rear hubs.

There are a few minor issues with the car that are easily fixed. Other than that it's the best 5th scale car I've owned and I've owned everything except an Elcon and Hurrax. The only car I like as much as this car is the FG 4x4 Baja and MCD Evo4 RR. I ended up selling those in favor of the XB because it's easier to work on and the parts are readily available.

I dunno if I'm just lucky or what the issue is but I had to purchase the factory HSP version way back in June which was 8 months before Redcat released. I had ZERO parts support. I just needed it for fitting the belt drive I'm working on. Anyways, I've run the hell outta it doing R&D work and still have not busted anything except a CVD (ran full speed into a Savage Flux) and the body. It's the most reliable stock car I've ever owned. With the alloy parts coming soon it should be rock solid. Personally the only alloy parts that would be needed would be the front C-hubs, steering knuckles, and rear hubs.

There are a few minor issues with the car that are easily fixed. Other than that it's the best 5th scale car I've owned and I've owned everything except an Elcon and Hurrax. The only car I like as much as this car is the FG 4x4 Baja and MCD Evo4 RR. I ended up selling those in favor of the XB because it's easier to work on and the parts are readily available.

I own a xb. Remember it`s an entry level platform. You cant beat the price to get into 1/5th. You could get two redcat`s an xt and a xb for what you would pay for one hpi. I absolutely love the xb,that being said any platform will break from abuse.

redcat xt xb

ok I have three bajas two 5bs, and a 5t, two mcd cars rrv4 comp, and a rally comp as well, but I don't have a monster truck so I am thinking about a redcat rampage xt thats way I was asking if it is a good buy for me. I do want one,
nitromarc

I just bought one

ok I have three bajas two 5bs, and a 5t, two mcd cars rrv4 comp, and a rally comp as well, but I don't have a monster truck so I am thinking about a redcat rampage xt thats way I was asking if it is a good buy for me. I do want one,
nitromarc
Just like most people, I did my own research before I bought my XT and I mean extensive research. It's a worse feeling to have to buy something that you know nothing about and later you have nothing but remorse because you were to eager to get one. I could not find one single soul who had anything bad to say about it. A couple of pros even endorsed it without getting paid or even associated with the company. I did find some videos where guys showed their XTs' with busted parts, but they were quick to defend the truck that it was their fault because they abused the hell out of it and only minimal to no maintenance just to see how much abuse it can sustain, and also they were just too lazy to do any maintenance :). Parts were comparably cheaper they said. I thought that was good enough for me so I bought one. One thing I did right off the bat, I replaced the failsafe on it and bought a killer V1. The failsafe, well...failed. got on the net and ordered a Killer V.I guess we can't ask this guys to install all high end parts for a price this low for a truck, right? Besides that, it's poetry in motion. hope this helps :)

Last edited:
rampage xt

Hey Glenn so is the truck ok after it got wet? im thinking of buying one very soon, and hows the track comming along? keep burning as much fuel as you can, summers on its was!
nitromarc3

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks