Redcat rampage xt

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobertD78

I just purchased the rampage 1/5 scale gas . Before you ask this is my first RC truck of this caliber and first gas powered truck as well . I've owned this truck for a week and maybe was able to use it once for more than 5 minutes before it dies while trying to brake . Once it dies it will not start , I've adjusted throttle trim and hi low needles to factory specs. After 35 pulls it might start and run for 5 minutes. Then dies, same thing over and over . I use 93 octane and run 25 :1 ratio factory recommended . I've heard horrible things about redcat and them not wanting to stay running . I love this truck and wanted to give the redcat a try . Nothing but horrible experience so far did I buy a $600 dollar piece of poop or am I just being a noob and there is an easy fix?

Do you have a kill switch installed that you can use the remote to kill the engine?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your clutch bad? If you are trying to pull start it and the clutch is engaging you probably will not be able to keep it running. Too low of engagement rpm to actually keep it running. Put the Redcat on a stool or something with the wheels free/ off the ground and see it you can get it going. Notice if the wheels are spinning right away with idle rpm. If so then I’d suspect a bad couch spring or the shoes are binding up. Could be a warped clutch bell as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just purchased the rampage 1/5 scale gas . Before you ask this is my first RC truck of this caliber and first gas powered truck as well . I've owned this truck for a week and maybe was able to use it once for more than 5 minutes before it dies while trying to brake . Once it dies it will not start , I've adjusted throttle trim and hi low needles to factory specs. After 35 pulls it might start and run for 5 minutes. Then dies, same thing over and over . I use 93 octane and run 25 :1 ratio factory recommended . I've heard horrible things about redcat and them not wanting to stay running . I love this truck and wanted to give the redcat a try . Nothing but horrible experience so far did I buy a $600 dollar piece of poop or am I just being a noob and there is an easy fix?

You're probably flooding it.
Only give 2 pulls with the choke on then turn it off and keep pulling.
Tank may also need venting.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks