Reed Engines

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krupdog

I have a big question. Are reed engines worth all the extra money? Do they last longer? Thanks in advance.

I have a big question. Are reed engines worth all the extra money? Do they last longer? Thanks in advance.
You should notice a bit more power over a piston port engine. (Depending on how it was ported) longevity is t really a factor. It's more or less the same engine, just different induction system. So if the builder did their part right, and you do your part right they should last the same. If your rules allow it, I would reccomend a reed engine, but there are several very stout piston ported options as well.

From my expirience reed engines have about 20-30 % more power ( as Sean said it depends on the builder ) they also have more power in the lower RPM;s and the power band is smoother so it is more controllable. I could be wrong also so ????

Bought a roller 5ive 1.0
It had a obr 34 ss in it. I don't need a 800.00 motor for weekend racing. Was looking at the esp 34cc. From ddm. Any thoughts??

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks