reed valve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
personally the Proline Version. though the one may work without a pulse tube conntecting the carb, imho, it wont be as good as it Should/Could be.

personally the Proline Version. though the one may work without a pulse tube conntecting the carb, imho, it wont be as good as it Should/Could be.

Guess I'd like to know what you base this statement on? Is there a science to reed valve systems that is holy and sacred and does not allow for new and different approaches or is it because it came from Oneills. I think this kind of statement is without merit.

Curt

Im just not getting no boost port. i cant see how it can work to full potential without one. with my understanding it would be like building a new house, but building it on the ground with no foundation, sure it works but>...

now if the house has a slap of crete underneath it that cant be seen thats different.

If the engine cylinder is modded with the boost ports like it should be it works as good as any one elses. I own 2 both have the cylinder modds and can attest to that. I also have 2 of the others that use pulse lines and there is no difference. Now if you are saying the pulse line ones work better simply because of the pulse line thing, I will argue that till the sun don't shine.

Curt

Last edited:
no, im just not sure how the carb is getting the vacuum from the case without a pulse port. maybe its milled into the cage, but it seems the carb would need to be modified then. not haveign one to look in hand, i can only speculate as to the operation.

my limited reed hands on experience is with the boss motors on my Bergs, useing boost ports and reed case motors, and the OLD Reed Case snowmobile motors of the earyly 70s, which all had boost ports. i can remember needing to take them off to get the frozen condensation out of the tubes after a good hr of running. the motor would get hot, condensate, then that would freeze in the port, blocking it. pull the tube, crush, then empty out the ice chips, reinstall and good to go. lol.

Last edited:
i know the oneils reed has a pulse hole other wise the carb fuel pump would not work they both work the same but i wanted to know if the extra size of the inlet makes a diff ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks