Reed valve

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deano j

I over ported the intake manifold to low on a 36cc engine now it won’t start if I put a reed valve on it will it work if so do you know any that is any good and who sales them as I read the area reed valves don’t work with out modifications thanks in advance

I think area rc made some bolt on reeds at one time. Don't know what your off the shelf options would be now a days.
I have looked at them but some one on here said they had to modify it to work properly so was wondering if there was any others that work

if it’s a rovan i think the better option would be to get a new top end
Thanks for the advice it’s cheaper than the reed but if the reed works I think there’s a bit of power to be gained as these engines don’t have much hp

No idea, what modifications would need to be done to make it work or not.
As to your power problem, this is what happens when you clone and engine and just make it bigger without any r&d. I have a few nofun engines laying around and haven't been able to make good reliable power out of then, always a give or take and never had a win win with one.

I thought I was tedious,,,, jeeze some guys are taking there engines apart to get more out of them ,jeeeeze !!! Isn't Taylor power enuff ! I just put the thing in and nail it , seems to work fine🤔🤔🤔🧐🧐
and some of us can't afford to buy a taylor engine unless we save for ages relic,
plus some of us like to try and get more out of what we have,

Politics and religion are forbidden here, final warning for all. Clean it up or the next one goes to the penalty box.

and some of us can't afford to buy a taylor engine unless we save for ages relic,
It’s a hobby making more power out of the engine then when i go for a rip to see what i built not what someone else built some times good some times bad but i learn every single time i just got a new head ported and polish and it rips lucky i learnt from the last time
image.jpg

Last edited:
So true^ but what I don’t get is why these clone companies continue to sell them with those filters. Considering they will prematurely kill an engine.
it just seems to be there go to filter clubin,
everything has them the cheap pit bikes and side by sides all have em an all,
or maybe there fitted so that the clone engine wears out quick and then they get sales of engine spares and engines :D

the k&n style filters just don't filter dirt very well on rc's mate,
most people on here will agree (y)
Yea I agree but for that same reason they make more power lots more than the foam ones that’s why I took the foam one off that it came with it runs brilliant with the 1257 extreme carb I take the engine apart regularly so I don’t mind trading power for dust and if it was a really bad day il just put a bit of foam inside of it 👍🏻

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks