relocate engine help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moneyhunster

I want to move my engine in my Fg baja 535 slightly forward, does anyone have an idea on how this could be done? I have an engineering shop next door so they should be able to help. Could I use different brand spur and pinion gears which are larger?

Does the baja have a layshaft gear like on the marder? I would think that's gonna be an issue trying to get it to meet the belt gear. Maybe a custom chasis?

Hi, it's a 4wd with a layshaft gear, I was thinking if I could make use of a spur from something with more diameter than the FG's, fitted up on to the FG layshaft and make a custom mount for a matching larger diameter pinion gear then the engine could be moved forward slightly to match it. I was thinking about using a hpi baja setup due to the mass of parts for it.
Do you think it would work?

Last edited:
What about adding a second layshaft gear? Move the engine up some and maybe you can get the gears linked together that way? I don't know much about gear ratios so not sure how you could keep the same ratio with two layshaft gears but it seems like the easiest way to move it up some.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks