Remove engine cover? Overheat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JohnBaja

So I wanted to remove my engine cover permantly. My concern is that it needs to be there to disperse the air evenly coming off the fly wheel fan. Any one experiment with this before? Also what is proper operating temp range? Thanks

we don't tune to temp, we tune to sound and performance, also the engine covers do assist in cooling the engine with proper airflow so it is not recommended to remove them

we have discussed temps here a few times and we are thinking around 250-280 should be right but we don't know.....lol

Surely there is enough air movement during normal running for it to be safe with the cover removed but I wouldnt leave it idling to long without the cover fitted esp on a hot day.

at the indoor event at essex a few weeks ago we see the mcd team cars and they had more plates and covers over them funky little homemade air scoops and the larger exhaust gasket and carb gaskets

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks