Replacement carb for redcat XT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Med382

I bought a used rampage xt. It will start 4th pull everytime. Idles and will run for a couple of min and dies from a lack of fuel. Plug is dry when I check it. I have reset the carb to factory settings and nothing seems to help. From what I have been reading the simplest thing to do is get a new carb. This is where my confusion comes in at, which carb do I get? The pull rope cover says it is a zenoah G270RC. I don't know what CC it is or what carb I should replace my old one with? Thanks for any help.

I bought a used rampage xt. It will start 4th pull everytime. Idles and will run for a couple of min and dies from a lack of fuel. Plug is dry when I check it. I have reset the carb to factory settings and nothing seems to help. From what I have been reading the simplest thing to do is get a new carb. This is where my confusion comes in at, which carb do I get? The pull rope cover says it is a zenoah G270RC. I don't know what CC it is or what carb I should replace my old one with? Thanks for any help.
Ok so normally 32cc an under (as far as I know, correct me if I'm wrong guys!) Have a 668 walbro carb, 32-34cc have an 1107. The "performance" carbs are the 813 and 990. Personally, id get an 1107 or 668 becuase it has a choke vs the 990 or 813 don't. Between the 2, 1107 an 668, I can't suggest either. Oh and get the carb from ddm, eBay carbs are normally clones which I've had issues with personally.

There's more that can be wrong than just the carb @Med382 Does the primer bulb stay full of fuel? Check your fuel lines for any cracking or brittleness. Does the fuel filter in the gas tank look dirty? Pull off the carb and isolator block. Make sure the isolator block is flat on the faces and not warped, are the gaskets in good shape? Try to eliminate these as possible causes, otherwise you'll have the same experience even with a new carb.

Primer bulb has fuel in it. There is no filter in the tank its in line. The filter is clean. Gasket for the carb to the manifold looked good. The manifold to block, the gasket had the bottom hole almost 50% blocked. I'm taking that is a pressure hole? How do you know what carb you have. I have a choke I just don't use it.

Primer bulb has fuel in it. There is no filter in the tank its in line. The filter is clean. Gasket for the carb to the manifold looked good. The manifold to block, the gasket had the bottom hole almost 50% blocked. I'm taking that is a pressure hole? How do you know what carb you have. I have a choke I just don't use it.
Well there's your problem that's your pulse hole, it needs to be 100% clear for it to run as intended

First off, get a clunk in your tank. That's half your problem. If it's a stock g270 I think it should have a 668 in it. At any rate you'll need to pull it off and look for the numbers on it. The hole should be clear of any obstructions. It's what works the fuel pump in the carb. And is the primer full when it shuts off? Not just half full, should be basically full the whole time you run it. If it is I would look more toward a small crack in the manifold opening up after the engine warms up or the manifold being warped. It happens a good bit. Most of us have had this issue at one point or another. How long did the rig sit before you bought it? Carb gaskets and diagrams don't like sitting, and can get brittle. (If the primer bulb is full this is doubtfull) as you not running a clunk style filter there could just be crap built up in the carb. Most in line "filters" are nothing more then screens, they wont remove close to what a good clunk will. If you do decide to get a carb, I personally would stick with the 668. In the un modded smaller displacements its great

Another thing that you can check ,is if the tank is breathing properly!

Try starting it ,once it is sitting an idling ,loosen up the fuel cap while it is running ,if the engines idle smooths out ,
then you need to replace the breather cap ,in which the tank is getting a vapor lock!

I've made sure the tank is vented. The primer bulb is only about half full if that when it shut down. It had been sitting for awhile. No idea how long. I'm guessing over a year. Ok new fuel line a filter for the tank. Can you get the grommet in the top of the tank or do you have to buy a whole new tank? I will look for numbers on the carb. I cant seem to find a part number for the carb manifold gasket. Thanks for all the help.

I've made sure the tank is vented. The primer bulb is only about half full if that when it shut down. It had been sitting for awhile. No idea how long. I'm guessing over a year. Ok new fuel line a filter for the tank. Can you get the grommet in the top of the tank or do you have to buy a whole new tank? I will look for numbers on the carb. I cant seem to find a part number for the carb manifold gasket. Thanks for all the help.

A year maybe enough time for the diaphram's in the carb to dry up & harden or get crispy ,may just have
to kit it or get a new better carb for it!.....:unsure:

There are no numbers on the carb. The manifold is not cracked. Maybe slightly warped.

Attachments

• 20191107_214140.jpg
    20191107_214140.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 11
There are no numbers on the carb. The manifold is not cracked. Maybe slightly warped.

An sense you have the carby off ,I would open it up an check the diaphram's an see if they had hardened ,they should
feel soft an plyable with out any wrinkles or deforming of them!

Ok tomorrow I will open it up. Where do I get a carb kit and new manifold from. Red cat doesn't have them listed as a part. Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!

Ok tomorrow I will open it up. Where do I get a carb kit and new manifold from. Red cat doesn't have them listed as a part. Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!

There should also be an internal screen inside the carb. ,sense you said that the tank had no filter inside of it ,it maybe
quite possible that the little screen in the carb is plugged up with dirt & micro fibers or hair ,check that too ,also ,
if you have a local lawn mower repair shop ,they may can match a kit up to fit it!

There should also be an internal screen inside the carb. ,sense you said that the tank had no filter inside of it ,it maybe
quite possible that the little screen in the carb is plugged up with dirt & micro fibers or hair ,check that too ,also ,
if you have a local lawn mower repair shop ,they may can match a kit up to fit it!
Or jus go to ddm n grab a manifold an rebuild kit for 668 ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks