Reverse clutch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
reversing the clutch allows it to open/engage at lower rpms for a smoother transition. if i remember correctly its about 700 rpms LESS then if it was normaly installed. a standard clutch spring opens at 6,000rpms. thats kind of low. so the "red" 8k spring came out. but for some thats kind of high. specially if you run on a lose track with 2wd. reversing an 8k spring will put you somewhere in the middle.no one has really "proven" what rpm reversing the clutch will trully open at. its just hear say as to what we think thru the throttle on the radio. so ddm came out with the 7500rpm spring.

Thanks Kryptonite... Thats what I pretty much was thinking that it would just engage sooner. I still don't really understand "how" but I guess it does not matter. That is something to ponder on next time the engine is out.
I like the "no cost" mods. They are right up my alley.

i don't know "how" eather.. i have sat and staired at the clutch in amazement.. its exactly the same on both sides. but there is an arrow..LOL.. cant figure it out, but it does make a diffrence. did you sell the mt and on-road? i think i saw it on another forum.. good going bro!! what do you have now

I guess I am missing something... I installed my shoes backward and my engagement was higher??? (FG M/T)

I have a little more rpm before the clutch grabs, with the shoes backward.

If its on a Baja HPI messed up

The engine runs the opposite way to the FG and HPI didnt think or just didnt care and left the clutch how it was. The clutch needs turning round so it works how its meant to.

On the Baja the heal of the shoe wears.

Thats why you have to have more rpm Trip. Because they are on wrong now and the front of the shoe is not opening like it should.

Last edited:
Yea Trip.. Maybe they were on backwards to begin with and you turnd them around and put them on the right way... I don't know...:no:
Kryptonite...I had them both up for sale to get a 5b... I found me a poormans 5b locally. So I swapped the onroad for the clone but kept my stroker motor for it and sold the firehammer locally and gave the other half for bills.:blush:
The clone was pretty much new with tuned pipe. Runs great with stroker and tuned pipe...
000_0001-12.jpg
000_0002-10.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks