Ricambi? Ever heard of it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trip

I found this in an old R/C Car Action, dated March 1999... I have never heard of them. I was wondering if anyone has... Here is a pic from the magazine.

NewCamera454.jpg

Here's the cover of the magazine.
NewCamera453.jpg

I thought it was kind of unique with the exhaust exiting out the right hand side (passenger side if you will) I only noticed it because it was next to a review of a Midnight Pumpkin.

These cars are made in Italy. I have never gotten anyone to reply to me. From what I hear there is no one who knows english there ? Sounds strange to me, but ... I met one of the guys at an I-hobby show a couple years ago, & have yet to be able to contact anyone about them. By the site, I'm not sure they support the 1/5 scale models any more. The add shown, I would say, was from the Canadian dealer.

www.radiosistemi.it

Last edited:
These cars are made in Italy. I have never gotten anyone to reply to me. From what I hear there is no one who knows english there ? Sounds strange to me, but ... I met one of the guys at an I-hobby show a couple years ago, & have yet to be able to contact anyone about them. By the site, I'm not sure they support the 1/5 scale models any more. The add shown, I would say, was from the Canadian dealer.

www.radiosistemi.it

You very well may be right... This is from an old magazine clip...

Just found this too. I read in places how they are discontinued. The MK5 was like a sport model & there was an MK6. The 6 was like an FG comp. model.

chicago2003_svmchrono_5th_400.jpg
SVM Crono's current production 1/5th-scale car, the MK5. Available as a complete ready-to-run kit, the MK5 includes absolutely everything you'd need to race besides fuel, and is competitive on the track out of the box. You'd expect to pay a ton for this, but the price is better than anything else we've seen. A new generation of the car, the MK6, is just around the corner.

There was a boat load of these on ebay about 4 months ago. The model was discontinued from what I read. They went from $300-$600 at auction with all alloy G230-G260's and pipe and brakes. The were a great looking ride but must not have sold enough to keep the line going. The only reason they didn't sell for more is future parts support.:(

I seen a few of those too. I, so considered buying one. Parts support was a key, but I watched one go for like 240$ on Ebay. I can make new parts if I get one that cheap. It had 150$ shipping though.... Hummmm.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks