RickDizzle's Raminator Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’ve heard of that hex nut coming loose from a few people
When I did maintenance on my truck last fall it was loose too it came out with the 25T gear
It was actually a pain to get it separated from the gear because the grub screws backed out and were holding it to the gear

Been super busy with work and life. So have not got a chance to run my Raminator in a bit. Working up some custom suspension limiting straps as we speak and hope to have them ready to post pics soon. Trying to make something with a great scale look. More to come there for sure. Til then, Mrs. Dizzle, my daughter and I scored some killer seats to Monster Jam. Smaller arena event, but was still a blast as always and makes me want to make my Raminator even better. Couple GIFs I created from the event. 😎 Enjoy!
20220326_190127_2.gif

20220326_190127_1.gif

20220326_211056_1.gif

20220326_203745_1.gif

What arena were you in?
I spy a Canuck flag hanging!
Love the monster jam I haven’t seen it in years though
Pretty soon I can run my stuff again the snow is almost gone!

Believe it or not, the Tucson Convention Center in Tucson, Arizona. Its a shared use facility and they play Ice Hockey in there as well for the Tucson Roadrunners. There are Canadians that come play there as well, pretty sure that is why there is a US and Canada flag up.

Hey guys
Thought this might be a good place to ask this question. I have had my Raminator for about a year and since buying it have wanted an upgraded engine for it... I dislike the original. I know it is not meant to go fast as it's a monster truck but want much more grunt.

So the engines I am thinking about are?
Taylorrc = 80cc or 50cc
OBR = 47cc Fatboy when released

I would appreciate any advice on the engines I listed and if you have any other engine ideas please give advice?

Cheers

Thanks RickDizzle for the response and I will do that now.
Nice looking rig too mate, looks sweet 😃. I look forward to seeing what you do with it in the future 👍

Installed the new front Primal aluminum body mounts. JS Performance made all the others, but never the very front ones. So I jumped on these. They are really nice quality.
Before pics:
20220413_144033.jpg

20220413_144017.jpg

Old and new comparison:
20220413_142444.jpg

New installed:
20220413_143953.jpg

20220413_143940.jpg
Exact one for one clean replacement. Now all the body mounts on the chassis are aluminum. I am still running plastic female body tabs on the body. Would rather snap those vs part of the roll cage itself...thus those won't be going to aluminum. I have some vacation time next week..so fingers crossed, I can get my suspension limiting straps done and will post pics of them.

Went out to our local RC Airfield couple weeks ago. Getting back into flying RC flying. The fellas had never seen a Raminator in real life and asked me to bring her out. Good dude I just met who flys crazy airframes, turbines and all, made a couple shorts of the Raminator and posted to his channel. Peep his channel too! Here they are:

Figured I would share since I have no vids posted. She was running rich that day and not fully warmed up. Was trying to run her between folks using the runway. Lol!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks