Road tyres

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

STEPHEN11

hi all
i have just got a fg marder and i was looking to run it on road as well as off road
do any of you know a good set of road wheels and tyres i can get to do the job as i don't like the idear of using the off road tyres because of running them down to quick on the road
thank stephen

hi all
i have just got a fg marder and i was looking to run it on road as well as off road
do any of you know a good set of road wheels and tyres i can get to do the job as i don't like the idear of using the off road tyres because of running them down to quick on the road
thank stephen
hi, i have a set of kronos touring wheels, i don't use them much as the fhg lorry slicks are better in carparks(imo)with better grip, also have some 1/4 scale drag tyres made by sld, these are tyhe most grippiest tyres ve ever seen on tarmac!! you don't even have to warm them up like the othe onroads.

There are oodles of FG Truck tyres on ebay, also look for F1 tyres like GRP, Roadies or PMT.

You don't need to run the wide tyres on the back, you can just run the narrow front all round if you like - the choice is yours.

If you're using FG truck tyres would recommend M1 for the front and S1 for the rear, this was the most common tyre compound choice of 90% of the truck racers back when it was popular in the UK and Europe.

HI HYPER78
sorry to ask but do they can with the wheels as well if so do you have some for sale
thanks stephen11

HI HYPER78
sorry to ask but do they can with the wheels as well if so do you have some for sale
thanks stephen11
they don't come with wheels, i had to glue then on,your best bet is to get the wide fg lorry slicks,if you want them wide as the sld 1/4scale slicks are no longer made.i was very lucky to get them. i have 4 touring tyres for sale, 2pmt 2 grp.but they arnt as grippy as the sld's by amile,but the buggy will turn better once you get traction,if you get traction.

https://www.largescaleforums.com/album.php?albumid=168&pictureid=1519

from left to right
SLD 1/4 SCALE drag slicks on fg monster wheels, stupidly grippy on carparks,don't have to warm them up.
MCD XYZ street tyres on fg wheels, once warmed up,enough grip to wheelie!
MCD gravel soft tyre, great for the front wheels as they are real soft,
FG lorry slicks,very grippy once warmed,nice smalklish wheel for good acceleration.
PMT/GRP touring tyre, very small,good acceleration,but lower top speed.takes alot more to get to grip!
ive considered buying the wheels n tyres that sharky put a link up, they look amazing,better withy the leo wheels imo.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks