Rovan 1/5 5b

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't get it guys. I got about 8 tanks ran out of it and it still take 25-30 pulls to get it to start. I guess they don't make a start fluid for these haha

If I'm having trouble starting my cars esp with the 990 carb I just spray a bit of "Start ya bastard" automotive starter fluid through the air filter and it fires up on the first or second pull.

I don't know where you are but it's an Aussie product
Your local auto shop should have starter fluid of some brand.
It's all the same - basically ether.

Might have been just the timing when I bought it, but my rovan came with an actual walbro carb.
Or it was a really good knockoff that included the walbro name...
I was actually quite surprised it had one. :ROFLMAO:
I also have their spiral diaphragm ready and waiting to install once it comes time to rebuild it. :cool:

If your new to two strokes, especially things like gas leaf blowers and gas trimmers, there is also a method to help them start faster.
With the standard pull start, it helps to get some tension and then give it a solid and quick tug to get that engine spinning.

Search youtube for "how to properly start a chainsaw" to get an idea.

According to the specs it's the same as a 668.
Good to know! Interesting that the stock settings on the 668: Low is 1 1/4 and High is 1 1/2, where as on the 990 (which I'm guessing is close to the 997) the settings are Low 1 1/8 and High is 1 5/8....unless the guide I'm referencing is completely off....

The 990 has no choke and is a PITA to start.
I tried one on a Zen 29 and it's been sitting in the bottom of my toolbox ever since.
No noticeable difference in performance compared to a 668.

The 990 has no choke and is a PITA to start.
I tried one on a Zen 29 and it's been sitting in the bottom of my toolbox ever since.
No noticeable difference in performance compared to a 668.
I wasn't aware the 990 is choke-less (I'm new to 1/5th scale, Rovan, Walboro, etc). I'd imagine that would be a bugger to get started!!!!

The 990 amd 668 are not the same spec of carb. The 990 has a larger venturi. The carb by itself won't necessarily make the engine run better or worse. On a 29cc it's over carbed. Your flowing basically the same amount of air at alower air velocity, which makes tuning a pain. The 668 in 30cc and below is an optimal choice imo.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks