rovan 32cc squish meausuring

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello

Just a tip,, use some large tygon fuel line and slide over the spark plug cable,,to guard interference

That's not a terrible idea. I tried tape, RF collars and come to think of it I actually put tubing over the throttle and brake linkages all to no avail. My little guy moves just fine that I didn't need any extra spark. 71mph with a 27cc.

Never seen a rubber or synthetic used purely as rf shielding. Normally it's a grounded foil type. In our vfd's at work they are super sensitive to rf interfearance and have a double shield built into power and signal wires. One foil and the other a stainless weave. They are tray rated cables and live out doors so have a very heavy synthetic rubber outter jacket. Jacket doesn't really do much.

i actually checked without the gasget and still 1.3 mm so waist of time .zenoah will fix it.😁
if you have access to a lathe, you can cut the cylinder base to come to a squish of 0,02", like i did on my rovan.
my initial squish was 1,4mm.
as someone correctly pointed out, you need to restore the port timing after lowering the head.

alternatively, you can consider to change the crank to the rovan stroker, but then you might have issues with some free-porting at exhaust side (@tdc) and on the intake side too (@ bdc). the later can be easily corrected with some JB Weld work.
1654498764665.png
this case you do not need to cut the base and can still use the base gasket (you actually have to, to ensure the minimum squish clearance)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks