Rovan 36cc out of the box inspection /break in and Run.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasserbob

Hello from Dallas,Texas U.S.A.

Today 4-18-2018 the new Rovan 5B 36cc came in.

Pulled it out of the box and spent about 3 hours just looking the entire buggy over, checking screws and linkages.
Only thing I noticed right away was that there was a little oil around the gear box, likely was just some residual oil from assembly. Not a big deal and Ill just keep an eye on it.

Everything else looked really good and I could not find any bolts that were loose anywhere.
One thing I did alter was the fuel lines that go into the fuel tank looked like they were getting pinched by the rubber seal on the fuel tank. I went and bought some 5/32 aluminum tubing and put it into the rubber seal and just connected the fuel hoses to both sides of the tubing. No more pinched fuel line.
Also made adjustment to the front steering to get a better alignment with the rear tires for better straight line tracking.

Followed the break in procedure to the T. Spent nearly 2 hours breaking in the motor. Most of that time was spent idling and just cooling off.

Instead of using pump gas I chose to use tru fuel which has no ethanol and a non synthetic 2 stroke oil for break in.

Now that the motor is broken in I will switch over to a 2 stroke synthetic and continue with the 4 stroke tru fuel ethanol free petrol / gasoline.

Attachments

• IMG_4759.JPG
    IMG_4759.JPG
    147.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_4760.JPG
    IMG_4760.JPG
    227.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_4761.JPG
    IMG_4761.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 15
Just finished with running the little Rovan around.

Im impressed with the off the line power this thing has.

I love the sound. Loud and Proud

Such a little Hot Rod.

Attachments

• IMG_4777.JPG
    IMG_4777.JPG
    278.6 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4775.JPG
    IMG_4775.JPG
    282.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_4774.JPG
    IMG_4774.JPG
    292 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_4778.JPG
    IMG_4778.JPG
    254 KB · Views: 10
Blows off clean and nice with a little air.

Easily cleans right up and looks new again.
So cool.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 11
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks