Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Large Scale RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Large Scale RC!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

rovan 36cc

Discussion in 'King Motor Baja' started by hyperdad, Apr 11, 2018.

1. hyperdad

hyperdad Member

Hi all,

I'm thinking about trying the new Rovan 36cc engine. Is anyone here running this engine? If so how well does it perform and how easy is it to start?

Thanks in advance

Hyperdad

2. Peteolheadz100

Peteolheadz100 Well-Known Member

I only have experience with the HY redcat motor but on yputube theres plenty of the 36cc vids you can watch. They seem to be good running motors but have heard some with multiple issues with them, don't know but its worth a shot for he price...let us know if you do get to try one how it goes

3. Buzzsaw46

Buzzsaw46 Well-Known Member

I had two Rovan engines self destruct in 2016 a 30.5 and a 32. Never again! Zenoah from now on for me

4. Peteolheadz100

Peteolheadz100 Well-Known Member

Wow self destruct.....i wonder whats bad about them, what can fail in a motor of poor quality vs a good quality mltor?

5. Buzzsaw46

Buzzsaw46 Well-Known Member

On the 30.5 one of the wrist pin washers came apart and tore up the piston. On the 32 I found chunks of metal the color of the con rod but couldn't find where they came from so either casting flash or poor assembly room practices, that engine didn't make it long maybe six to eight weekends.

6. hyperdad

hyperdad Member

Thanks for the info. I have been checking youtube. The engine seems to start
    and run fine. I'll try one in a few months when $ is available. and let you know how it
    runs.

thanks again

Hyperdad

7. one2boost

one2boost Well-Known Member

Anyone know if the size of the exhaust port is larger than the exhaust port on the Zenoah G290. Just curious if my old pipes will fit.