rovan 36cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only have experience with the HY redcat motor but on yputube theres plenty of the 36cc vids you can watch. They seem to be good running motors but have heard some with multiple issues with them, don't know but its worth a shot for he price...let us know if you do get to try one how it goes

On the 30.5 one of the wrist pin washers came apart and tore up the piston. On the 32 I found chunks of metal the color of the con rod but couldn't find where they came from so either casting flash or poor assembly room practices, that engine didn't make it long maybe six to eight weekends.

Thanks for the info. I have been checking youtube. The engine seems to start
and run fine. I'll try one in a few months when $ is available. and let you know how it
runs.

thanks again

Hyperdad

I myself wouldnt mind picking up a g290 just for he sake of it.....seem like great little engines i like the chrome package one...they are priced right too...

One of my buddies has a G290 and it has been a fantastic engine, and it comes well outfitted! WT-990 carb, lightened flywheel. He pulled it out of his DBXL and moved it to his 5ive-T and I got to run both of my G340 5ives against it yesterday and it was holding its own under the pressure of my big blocks. If I got out front I could drive away but that could be down to chassis and suspension tuning as his 5ive is still box stock on shocks and diffs.

I had one of the rovan 36cc engines that came in my rovan 5b.. it was a very good running engine... easy to start... just don’t expect it to last much over 4 gallons.. around 4 gallons I noticed some running issues and took the top end apart.. noticed the cylinder plating was coming off so I ordered a ESP top end kit and while breaking it in the crank needle bearing disintegrated... so I salvaged my new top end and bought an OBR reed case and a new quality crank and am currently still breaking that combo in at the moment... seems like it’s gonna be a beast.. we shall see...

Here’s pics of the cylinder.. I’m guessing quality just isn’t the greatest...

Attachments

• 91317BAB-D6C7-4D0A-A08C-429E3E34CC6C.jpeg
    91317BAB-D6C7-4D0A-A08C-429E3E34CC6C.jpeg
    103.4 KB · Views: 71
  • E73AD0DF-1634-4362-8F28-E21444A8D14C.jpeg
    E73AD0DF-1634-4362-8F28-E21444A8D14C.jpeg
    105.3 KB · Views: 70
Get a Zenoah and build on that. DDM has a few to choose from at decent prices. don't build on and put a lot of money in the much cheaper 2 bolt cylinder engines. It will cost you more in the end, and you're still left with it.

Just took apart my HY 30cc redcat engine and i was surprised after 6 gallons of fuel the cylinder and piston looked almost new, no carbon anywhere or scratches on the cylinder walls. This using synthetic oil of course (amsoil dominator) burns clean and lubes well. I am surprised that the redcat engine runs so well after hearing nightmares about king motor and rovans having issues. Either way i picked up a zen g290 and currently breaking it in but i can assure you just by looking at it its a much better quality built engine....20180523_183722.jpg20180603_101123.jpg20180523_183714.jpg

Hi all,

I'm thinking about trying the new Rovan 36cc engine. Is anyone here running this engine? If so how well does it perform and how easy is it to start?

Thanks in advance

Hyperdad
Mint engine so quick
Hi all,

I'm thinking about trying the new Rovan 36cc engine. Is anyone here running this engine? If so how well does it perform and how easy is it to start?

Thanks in advance

Hyperdad
I am yes and great engine easy to start and so responsive love the wheelies

Hi all,

Thanks in advance

Hyperdad
I have one setting a box right now. It was in my BAJA . It ran fine when I was using it. They aren't the most power full engines out there but they do ok. I swapped mine out for a OBR 34cc reed case motor for more hp . I think the 36 has about 3.5 hp . They start easy enough. I think I use to swap plugs every few runs.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks