Rovan 45 gets a little help from our shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lorraine

Got my fingers into one of the Rovan 45cc motors today, BOY they need help in moving some cooling air!!! .Sooooooo this is what I came up with.... I took the fan shroud and flywheel and pull starter off a Kingmotor 30.5 motor and also its flywheel nut, set aside. Removed the shroud, flywheel and easy start recoil and the funky standoff nut and starter engagement thingy from the 45cc and tossed that crap
in dumpster. . I next filed off the two small nubs on the 30.5s blower housing and then put the whole mess on the 45cc and it fit perfect and now the 45 is normal like the rest of us now and blows a crap load of cool air across the motor . I also reused the larger "T" pull handle from the 45 junk and replaced the pull cord with big cc chainsaw super cord. BINGO EZ
Almost forgot , I also used a metal starter engagement ring in 30.5 recoil before installing into the 45 retro fit

Last edited:
Well color me impressed! ..We did a little tuning on the 45cc after a aluminum intake and a fully prepped wt990 carb . I cut the flange off a new uber v3 pipe set as it had a big stinger outlet and milled up a new flange and TIG back on header , Fits great!. Installed a fan clutch shoe holder and a new set of FS shoes with a 8k spring. I put a full set of studded hostile MXs on for the kid and sent him out to the ice track. Well the buggy will wheelie down every straight and with a blip of gas it will pop over the double on the infield course. He is one happy kid !. I have a christmas tree box full of aluminum King/rovan parts that I'm going to slide out into shop and give the kid a handful of tools and tell him to HAVE AT IT!. I think the motor likes 20:1 the best. For a $300.00 motor it has some snot, We will see how long the snot will last before it pop's. Now I have to dig around and find him a killer bee and some decent servos and a lipo before that thing takes off to the next town on its own. I think now I have a better time watching the kids with these things than working on our race rigs.......................

Last edited:
Got my fingers into one of the Rovan 45cc motors today, BOY they need help in moving some cooling air!!! .Sooooooo this is what I came up with.... I took the fan shroud and flywheel and pull starter off a Kingmotor 30.5 motor and also its flywheel nut, set aside. Removed the shroud, flywheel and easy start recoil and the funky standoff nut and starter engagement thingy from the 45cc and tossed that crap
in dumpster. . I next filed off the two small nubs on the 30.5s blower housing and then put the whole mess on the 45cc and it fit perfect and now the 45 is normal like the rest of us now and blows a crap load of cool air across the motor . I also reused the larger "T" pull handle from the 45 junk and replaced the pull cord with big cc chainsaw super cord. BINGO EZ
Almost forgot , I also used a metal starter engagement ring in 30.5 recoil before installing into the 45 retro fit
Any pics I never thought of that due to the compression

YUP!!!! 1 hour latter and a six pack down the pipe sitting on a 5 gal pail watch'n the kids with their buggies out on ice track sure beats being tied up in machine shop covered with tool coolant.........lol
Any pics I never thought of that due to the compression
We got some gizzmo's mod motors here at shop that pull over way harder than the Rovan 45 and the recoils are holding up just fine.......
90% of recoil failures are caused by the Superman on crack pulling on the other end!!!!!!.......lol

Last edited:
YUP!!!! 1 hour latter and a six pack down the pipe sitting on a 5 gal pail watch'n the kids with their buggies out on ice track sure beats being tied up in machine shop covered with tool coolant.........lol

We got some gizzmo's mod motors here at shop that pull over way harder than the Rovan 45 and the recoils are holding up just fine.......
90% of recoil failures are caused by the Superman on crack pulling on the other end!!!!!!.......lol
I read that wrong lol but your right but mine does have high compression even with the easystart it I can lift the mcd off the ground just priming it it would be good to see some pics of how you've got your pullstart hooked up because I'm limited in exhaust choices due to the size of the rovan easystart and o your inbox message I agree with you completely i wont say more than that but keep doing what your doing hopefully you can save people some hard earned cash

Last edited:
When you go to the 30.5 setup you will gain alot more room around start area. The fan shroud from the 30.5 is the same size wise but 2 little nubs need to be trimmed off. when you see a 30.5 flywheel you will then know that they just deck milled off the start tower engagement crown from the 45. the flywheel in a 45 is a reworked 30.5 wheel. the china man can make a penny into a dime....lol

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks