Rovan 5b 36cc

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crazybajabuild

Hey guys I’ve been looking for another Baja for a while and I wanted a hpi but it’s hard to come by those nowadays so I picked up a new Rovan 36cc rtr Baja. Does anyone have any experience with these 36cc engines? I know they had they’re problems in the past but have they resolved them? Any input on these would be great! Thanks

Attachments

• 77EE7F4B-3429-4920-988B-3D49A3959588.png
    77EE7F4B-3429-4920-988B-3D49A3959588.png
    258.8 KB · Views: 2
what miles said mate ☝️,
rovan engines aint that great, i own a rovan/rofun45cc and its hit or miss whether you get a good one or not,
i got a good one , but only bought as a cheap engine to mess around with and try/practice porting it etc,
get yerself a stock g320 zenoah and you will be much happier than with the rovan 36 (y)

I got a 36cc laying around here somewhere. One of the guys donated it to get play ported when I get free time. I did pop it apart and have a look at it. Open port design, nothing special. Casting was kinda janky. But looked ok for a rovan. Worth running till it pukes. Squish was really really big. Have some.036" solder wire and it wouldn't clamp it at all. With a stock gasket. Bit of work and I'd bet you could glmake a half decent runner out of one. Nothing mesmerizing, but a decent runner if you cared to tear it all apart and once over it all.

Just run it til it blows. Then get a proper motor or just get one now.

Don’t waste your time with the Rovan motor.
Do you think the esp 34 would be too much for the Rovan drivetrain?
i had one and just rebuilt it (less than an hour on rebuild now). You will be impressed until you get a "real" engine. It seems fine at first but it wears out pretty fast.
I’m considering getting a esp 34 or I’ve seen some obr 30.5 for pretty cheap around here. I would like to get a 34

if you really want the esp 34 mate, get one and run it (y),
then upgrade the baja as stuff breaks, diff outdrives/cups/bones etc will be the first things to go cos the cops are a bit weak,
all bajas end up upgraded anyways so go for it (y):D

I have one as well. Pretty impressive, even the 32 shits and gits. No issues blowing thr tires off the 5ive t (32) or the vekta (34)
So maybe you can help me?
On Dave’s sight he has 3 esp 34 engines to choose from. All three are different price. Which one would be best to go with for most power ?

Attachments

• DE58DBC3-E7C2-40DA-ABB1-4205C32DDC86.png
    DE58DBC3-E7C2-40DA-ABB1-4205C32DDC86.png
    214.7 KB · Views: 7
  • 7FBBE725-EA2C-4F19-8492-9C79F809D261.png
    7FBBE725-EA2C-4F19-8492-9C79F809D261.png
    227.3 KB · Views: 7
Pretty sure this is the one you would want for a baja fitment
https://www.ddmracing.com/ESP-Modif...-Complete-with-Clutch_2?quantity=1&custcol4=1
That would be sweet I don’t want to get the wrong one.
We just used ro get long blocks and swap components over from our other engines, but I think you'll be better off with the complete engine. Ddm descriptions pretty well suck any more and I'm 99% sure this is the standard ported version. Really it will be more then enough power for a baja basher platform. The $500.00 dollar version I'm pretty sure is the race ported version. Truly imo there isn't a huge leap in power for the extra money.

Pretty sure rgays the race ported version. They both have the same description, that's the only difference I know of between the esp engines, besides a 32cc and 34cc version. Stock port and race port set ups.

Been down that road with the Rovan 36, it is ok for starting out but lacks power. It is an ok engine for a beginner but will get lame quick. The King Motor 30.5cc engine is a way better performer than the Rovan 36cc engine. Not suggesting it, just comparing the two.

Changed over to Zenoah-ESP G340 standard port. Best change I ever made.
I would recommend the Outerwears engine cover and one for the pull start to keep the crap out of the cooling fan.

deaf sign language GIF

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks