Rovan Baja won't hold a tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you........sure about that? Just because it says walbro on it doesn't mean it's a legit walbro
I have confirmed with walbro the rovan 1191 specs out the same as the 1107. I can't attest to the others, but have heard enough people cry about bad performance and a new carb fixing the issue to lead me to believe that they are clone carbs and bad ones at that.

When I go racing with my Baja, a the engine heats up I have to change the tune, and I can't tune it mid race. After I finish racing the 4wd class races and my engine cools back down to room temperature, meaning I have to constantly adjust the low speed needle. Is there a way to make it hold a tune?
So before you drop money on a new carb that may (or may not) be the problem how exactly is the engine behaving from startup to the end of the race. Is the bad running a new issue ? What condition is the top end in ? Got a compression guage ?

Ok so I know this is off topic, but i say you should drop that 29 all together and go for a g320 (or g290 do all the parts swap over). It will be way more reliable and have lots more power. The carb in that 29 is confirmed clone (prob says rofun on it). At a minimum replace the carb.

So before you drop money on a new carb that may (or may not) be the problem how exactly is the engine behaving from startup to the end of the race. Is the bad running a new issue ? What condition is the top end in ? Got a compression guage ?
The engine starts up on the 2nd or 3rd pull. the engine is fine during the race other than the fact that it won't hold a tune. I don't have a compression gauge but it seems to have alright compression.

Sounds like heat soak to me. Had that happen due to a billet isolator for the carb. Your boiling the liquid gas which in turn leans the engine since there's less liquid fuel and your carb wasn't designed to meter a gaseous fuel only liquid so thats why it's hard to tune when the engine is hot....whats it like when you try to start it when the engine is hot.... how long does it take to start

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks