Rovan Baja won't hold a tune

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
the guys here gave you a ton of advice and steps to go about fixing your rig. Did you take any steps to fix it?
I cleaned and oiled the filter, reset the gap on the spark plug coil, put in a new spark plug, and reset the carb settings. I think my engine is due a rebuild, as it seems to have lost a bit of compression and won't start.

Well I managed to get my engine to start. I think the problem was my carb, because i put fuel into the engine through the spark plug hole and it fired up for a few seconds.
Pull the starter can it lift the truck off the ground ?
If you mean pull the car into the air by the starter cord, then no. But when I pull the starter one of the rear wheels comes off the ground.

Well I managed to get my engine to start. I think the problem was my carb, because i put fuel into the engine through the spark plug hole and it fired up for a few seconds.

If you mean pull the car into the air by the starter cord, then no. But when I pull the starter one of the rear wheels comes off the ground.
Pull the feking head already 🤦‍♂️. Are you even paying attention?

I was taking off my engine head and it seems to be stuck to the crankcase even though I took all the bolts out. Is this normal? And how do I get it off?
Yea it’s normal just takes a little persuasion…. Turn shake wiggle whatever, may take a bit of force, I used a flathead driver once… but u need to be VERY careful if you do that

Ok so im getting tired of people not listening.
One last time for everybody's sanity with you ill make this super blunt.

You putting gas in the cylinder is bypassing the air leak so you doing that makes you now the carb.... get what im saying? Also if pouring gas into the cylinder and it fired means you have enough compression for it to run.

Your issue lies between the carb and the cylinder plain and simple and all you've done was work around the where the issue is.. the spark plug isn't the issue, needle settings isn't the issue, air filter oil isn't the issue...

Check this piece its called the carb insulator and I just had an engine do the same exact feking thing yours did and I tracked it down to a warped plastic insulator... looks like this so to see if it's flat put it on a known flat surface and see if it lays flat while rocking it side to side to see if it lifts if you have an issue seeing close use a flash light and shine it on one side while holding it completely flat with your fingers and if you see light anywhere on the other side it's warped and this is your issue.... good luck Z1148-13162.jpg

Ok so im getting tired of people not listening.
One last time for everybody's sanity with you ill make this super blunt.

You putting gas in the cylinder is bypassing the air leak so you doing that makes you now the carb.... get what im saying? Also if pouring gas into the cylinder and it fired means you have enough compression for it to run.

Your issue lies between the carb and the cylinder plain and simple and all you've done was work around the where the issue is.. the spark plug isn't the issue, needle settings isn't the issue, air filter oil isn't the issue...

Check this piece its called the carb insulator and I just had an engine do the same exact feking thing yours did and I tracked it down to a warped plastic insulator... looks like this so to see if it's flat put it on a known flat surface and see if it lays flat while rocking it side to side to see if it lifts if you have an issue seeing close use a flash light and shine it on one side while holding it completely flat with your fingers and if you see light anywhere on the other side it's warped and this is your issue.... good luck
I think you might have found the issue. My insulator wiggles a bit when I rock it from side to side, and it appears to have a slight bend in it.

I think you might have found the issue. My insulator wiggles a bit when I rock it from side to side, and it appears to have a slight bend in it.
When fitting the new one don't overnighten the bolts, I've created a problem before by over tightening the bolts.
Least you've found your problem, gaskets and insulator and you'll be good to go.
I would still buy a top end rebuild kit though, they come with the gaskets you need, the insulator is about £5.

Keep us updated fella

but check for air leaks

Had that happen due to a billet isolator for the carb.

You likely either have a carb issue, or a small air leak that your trying to tune out.

which could also mean your compensating for an air leak

look for leaks

that’s always a tattletale sign of a leak.

Did you pressure and vac test the engine?

Check this piece its called the carb insulator

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks