Rovan Camber

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buggy Basher

Anyone else have camber issues. My front tires lean way in but there is no adjustment.

Attachments

• 20210624_193545.jpg
    20210624_193545.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 20210624_193549.jpg
    20210624_193549.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210624_193538.jpg
    20210624_193538.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 14
I just checked my 5T and your front upper heim joint is too far in. There's supposed to be 3 visible reference lines on the top of the heim joint. There's also supposed to be a spacer between the heim joint and the upper arm (I'll bet yours is missing). Download the Rovan user manual and look at the parts diagram. Here's a pic of my upper arm assembly :

DSCF1334[1].JPG

Thanks guys. Just adjusted to 3 lines out. Much better.
you did add plastic spacers between the heim and the a arm didnt ya though ?
the ones that fit inside the hole on the a arm i mean,
what i'm gettin at is if you just unscrew the heim screw the heim will just push the screw inwards under the first sign of load,
needs the spacers (y)

you did add plastic spacers between the heim and the a arm didnt ya though ?
the ones that fit inside the hole on the a arm i mean,
what i'm gettin at is if you just unscrew the heim screw the heim will just push the screw inwards under the first sign of load,
needs the spacers (y)
Not real sure where you mean

Not real sure where you mean
the hole in the end of the a arm mate, should have a plastic or two plastic spacers in there depending where you have the camber set,
the spacers are sandwiched between the end of the heim and the inside of the hole the bolt goes through (y) ,

the hole in the end of the a arm mate, should have a plastic or two plastic spacers in there depending where you have the camber set,
the spacers are sandwiched between the end of the heim and the inside of the hole the bolt goes through (y) ,
Are we talking about here between the ball joint and the top of the steering block. If not can you post a picture please.

Attachments

• 20210626_073037.jpg
    20210626_073037.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 2
right dude, the spacers go into the end of the upper front a arm in the hole and sandwich the heim against the inner part of the a arm to lock in all solid(y),
so spacers go in here,

spacers come in three thicknesses a thinner one thats equal to one mark on the heim and a thicker one thats equal to two marks then a third one thats equal to three marks on the heim,
then use a 1, 2 or 3 or a combination of them to get the camber you want (y)
i could only find the thicker ones in my parts but can explain it still :LOL:,
so basically you would have these parts for each front upper arm,

no spacers in the arms hole and heim sits like this,

one thick spacer brings the heim out to 3 lines,
so a number 1 spacer would bring it out to 1 line, a number 2 spacer would bring it out to 2 lines and so on,

two thick spacers bring the heim right out to here,
if i recall right hpi spacers are numbered on em 1, 2 and 3, rovan and km aint numbered,
spacers are needed so the heim can't push inwards under load and push the screw inwards on the arm,
hope this makes sense mate (y):LOL:

right dude, the spacers go into the end of the upper front a arm in the hole and sandwich the heim against the inner part of the a arm to lock in all solid(y),
so spacers go in here,

spacers come in three thicknesses a thinner one thats equal to one mark on the heim and a thicker one thats equal to two marks then a third one thats equal to three marks on the heim,
then use a 1, 2 or 3 or a combination of them to get the camber you want (y)
i could only find the thicker ones in my parts but can explain it still :LOL:,
so basically you would have these parts for each front upper arm,

no spacers in the arms hole and heim sits like this,

one thick spacer brings the heim out to 3 lines,
so a number 1 spacer would bring it out to 1 line, a number 2 spacer would bring it out to 2 lines and so on,

two thick spacers bring the heim right out to here,
if i recall right hpi spacers are numbered on em 1, 2 and 3, rovan and km aint numbered,
spacers are needed so the heim can't push inwards under load and push the screw inwards on the arm,
hope this makes sense mate (y):LOL:

AH ok I see now. I've never had that screw all the way out but that will be my project tonight after the Dirt Oval Races.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks