Rovan ext revvs but won't move.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaobigdog

I have a rovan baha ext 5ts with the 45cc engine. I was the running the car and all of a sudden it stopped moving. The motor revvs out but will not move under a load. If I pick the wheels off the ground everything moves as it should. I pulled both rear dog bones out and the pins on the dog bones and the wheel hexes are in tact. Where should I look next for a problem. I have never torn this car down being that it only has less than an hour of run time on it. Spend more time fixing it than actually being able to drive it.

I have a rovan baha ext 5ts with the 45cc engine. I was the running the car and all of a sudden it stopped moving. The motor revvs out but will not move under a load. If I pick the wheels off the ground everything moves as it should. I pulled both rear dog bones out and the pins on the dog bones and the wheel hexes are in tact. Where should I look next for a problem. I have never torn this car down being that it only has less than an hour of run time on it. Spend more time fixing it than actually being able to drive it.
A screw came loose behind the spur gear and it holds the spur gear
Also add red loctite, on all metal to metal screws

Al

Also add red loctite, on all metal to metal screws
If a screw came loose wouldn't that cause it to not spin at all? Everything moves as it should when all the tires are in the air, but the second I put it on the ground, I can see everything moving but it's not transferring the power to the rear end. Also if I turn the wheels by hand they both spin the same direction instead of opposite, which leads me to believe it is in the diff somewhere

If a screw came loose wouldn't that cause it to not spin at all? Everything moves as it should when all the tires are in the air, but the second I put it on the ground, I can see everything moving but it's not transferring the power to the rear end. Also if I turn the wheels by hand they both spin the same direction instead of opposite, which leads me to believe it is in the diff somewhere
Yap ur right, diff almost for sure..good luck🤘

Gonna upgrade the diff, the transmission, and the clutch once I get a chance to get it apart and diagnose the problem. Currently in the middle of a home move and don't want to move the car in pieces lol
Isnt that the baja max? With the wide arms?

Yeah it is a Baja ext 5ts. Same platform as the max just with a sand rail cage and body. Very hard to find aftermarket parts for it.
Not at all, accept for the arms and noodles dogbones🤣, apart from that its a baja 5b/5t platform, in my opinion upgrade to blackbone gears, thats it, and try not to brake the arms, they are expensive...i had that car when it just got out, i broke 2 arms in 30 min of bashing🤣🤣🤣

Not at all, accept for the arms and noodles dogbones🤣, apart from that its a baja 5b/5t platform, in my opinion upgrade to blackbone gears, thats it, and try not to brake the arms, they are expensive...i had that car when it just got out, i broke 2 arms in 30 min of bashing🤣🤣🤣
I haven't broke arms. I broke 2 dog bone pins, a wheel hex pin and now whatever is going on in the rear differential. Can't find anyone that makes an upgraded dog bone. All the ones I have found aren't long enough. Was looking into IRC UHD dog bones and cups but they aren't long enough. These dog bones are 243mm or 9 and a half inches long.
I haven't broke arms. I broke 2 dog bone pins, a wheel hex pin and now whatever is going on in the rear differential. Can't find anyone that makes an upgraded dog bone. All the ones I have found aren't long enough. Was looking into IRC UHD dog bones and cups but they aren't long enough. These dog bones are 243mm or 9 and a half inches long.
I'm looking into the cnc aluminum transmission with cnc aluminum housed rear diff. And performance dual spring clutch

Take the dogbones to an engraver, im sure they can make you a thicker one with a 6 mm pins, make it the same IRC dogbones, from hardened steel, its not hard or expensive to make very good ones, good luck with it, i always say every baja needs an upgraded back side🤣

Take the dogbones to an engraver, im sure they can make you a thicker one with a 6 mm pins, make it the same IRC dogbones, from hardened steel, its not hard or expensive to make very good ones, good luck with it, i always say every baja needs an upgraded back side🤣
Yeah. For the time being I bought titanium 4 mm drill bits. If I break more pins I'm just going to press them out and cut the shank of the drill bit to the right size and press that in. Then I will have titanium high speed steel pins. Lol

probably the diff, i had the same thing a while back

*whatever you do don't use red loctite anywhere you don't have to. it is considered permanent and you have to use a blowtorch to remove the fastener. blue is fine. also get either drivegrip or valve grinding compound and use on screw heads. buy spares of the pins, spare shafts, or make your own out of hss bits. i think the titanium ones will just break, titanium's brittle.

*whatever you do don't use red loctite anywhere you don't have to. it is considered permanent and you have to use a blowtorch to remove the fastener. blue is fine. also get either drivegrip or valve grinding compound and use on screw heads. buy spares of the pins, spare shafts, or make your own out of hss bits. i think the titanium ones will just break, titanium's brittle.
The ones I ordered are cobalt titanium hss bits. And I used red on my steering components. The easiest way to get red out is an electrical soldering iron. Touch it to the head of the bolt for about 30 seconds, heat is concentrated to the bolt and allows it to get hot enough to get the bolts out.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks