rovan extends arm kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Skippyskipps

I have a baja 5sc. I'm looking at Rovans extended arm kit, but it mentions front brake systems will not work with the extended kit. I have the Mecatech front hydraulic disk brakes and I feel like the disk brakes would work but I have no clue. anyone have any insight on this?

I have a baja 5sc. I'm looking at Rovans extended arm kit, but it mentions front brake systems will not work with the extended kit. I have the Mecatech front hydraulic disk brakes and I feel like the disk brakes would work but I have no clue. anyone have any insight on this?
I’ve got a couple of sets, the only limitation from arm length will be the brake line length. Get some more 4mm line and you should be cool. The brakes rely on the hub and hex design, I can’t see how the arms would affect this.

Anyway sack Rovan and get FLM arms. ??

I’ve got a couple of sets, the only limitation from arm length will be the brake line length. Get some more 4mm line and you should be cool. The brakes rely on the hub and hex design, I can’t see how the arms would affect this.

Anyway sack Rovan and get FLM arms. ??
FLM the way to go then huh? I thought the Rovan would be cool just causee that extra wide stance looks crazy! I've had flm parts on a rustler way back in the day, and I loved em! but I'm curios about that super wide suspension for my baja.

that's what I figured about the setup of how the brake system works with the hex/hubs. thought id ask before pulling the trigger on the Rovan arms

For one they are soft,and second, the axles are proprietary to rovan. And they are thin as pasta noodles, so when y bend em your stuck with the same stuff. Flm has a ton of axle upgrades that work (alx,irc, flm super duty,).

FLM the way to go then huh? I thought the Rovan would be cool just causee that extra wide stance looks crazy! I've had flm parts on a rustler way back in the day, and I loved em! but I'm curios about that super wide suspension for my baja.

that's what I figured about the setup of how the brake system works with the hex/hubs. thought id ask before pulling the trigger on the Rovan arms
It’s up to you at the end of the day, but I wouldn’t buy Rovan full stop.

The FLM set up works with all the other upgrade parts like IRC shocks and a number of rear driveshafts. I don’t know about the Rovan setup but I do know their drive cups are made of glass, cheap glass.

For one they are soft,and second, the axles are proprietary to rovan. And they are thin as pasta noodles, so when y bend em your stuck with the same stuff. Flm has a ton of axle upgrades that work (alx,irc, flm super duty,).
awesome thanks for the info. my next worry was if the rovan axels could hold up. I'm running a 50cc in it. FLM it is!

that was my thought to but I have the hydraulic fluid system witch means id only have to get longer tubing for the fluid to reach the disks. at least that's what I think
About $5 for 1m of 4mm line.

Unless Rovan arms are more than twice as cheap as the FLMs don’t bother. You’ll need at least 2 sets to go half as long as 1 FLM set.

It’s up to you at the end of the day, but I wouldn’t buy Rovan full stop.

The FLM set up works with all the other upgrade parts like IRC shocks and a number of rear driveshafts. I don’t know about the Rovan setup but I do know their drive cups are made of glass, cheap glass.
Good to know your the 2nd person to say the same! FLM is what I'm going with then.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks