Rovan hybrid BLT

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Truthfully the jury is still out on the vesla, but it uses a decent bit of part from the vekta and they have been pretty robust. This is a 2wd version so a lot less going on, the platform itself looks like a breath of fresh air, which imo, we desperately needed in a 2wd platform in 1/5 scale rc. It's not a zen engine, but it's not a rovan clone either. We'll just have to wait and see how it pans out, but it looks like it should be the 2wd platform to beat.

The kraken doesn’t come with a zen? That’s what I was wondering.
Truthfully the jury is still out on the vesla, but it uses a decent bit of part from the vekta and they have been pretty robust. This is a 2wd version so a lot less going on, the platform itself looks like a breath of fresh air, which imo, we desperately needed in a 2wd platform in 1/5 scale rc. It's not a zen engine, but it's not a rovan clone either. We'll just have to wait and see how it pans out, but it looks like it should be the 2wd platform to beat.
I’d have to agree with you in the 2wd 1/5 platform.

https://www.rovanrc.com/product-rvblt-r

Whos getting one? is it worth getting? im on the fence about getting one of these, i have had bajas and im ready for a new platform.. whats everyones thoughts on it? Will it handle a big bore engine?
I just bought a blt roller about a month ago, New to 1/5th scale and wanted a 2wd truck and didn't have the knowledge to build one from scratch. I put a Bart 34cc race ported reed case in it. Wow its ridiculous, its going to be fun to learn how to handle. I don't have a Losi to compare it to but I'll tell ya things I didn't care for, No axle boots, play in the hinge pins at bulkhead and at turnbuckles, play in the rod ends, no bearings on steering rack, brakes aren't great and the servo's suck, but thats all been shimmed and tightened and fixed. I enjoy tinkering with it so its been perfect for me. I do have about 2,800.00 in it now tho. Have fun no matter what you decide on!!

Which engine package do I need if I decide to go with a big bore from Detroit? I see they have packages for the McD, Losi, and others but nothing for the hybrid. I’m looking at the 40gt for the Rovan blt hybrid at the moment. Possibly a 46gt

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks