Rovan new monster truck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought the boy one late late sumer 2014, rear center shaft broke 3rd tank as I started getting the engine dialed in, clutch was gone before the end of the 5th tank. Due to many fittment issues as parts wore I bought a 5ive B kit and rebuit the whole truck with Losi TLR parts. That truck still goes through clutches faster than my Losi truck about the only part left Rovan is the chassis and roll cage. I do have a Losi chassis for it but haven't felt the need to swap everything over, yet.

With all the electronic and mechanical repairs requiered it wasn't the bargain it appeared to be. I remember by the time we had a gallon of fuel through it we could have bought a second Losi for the money spent. Seems like I had close to 4-5gallons through the Losi before I had to start replaceing electonics or mechanical components.

There is a difference in the two trucks. Losi sell for $1350 with 29cc engine and Rovan has a 45cc engine and lots more aluminum for $1399. I am considering one but not till on sale end of the year. I have the Rovan lt with 30 cc engine.

Problem is that Rofun uses soft aluminum because its cheaper to CNC. This causes a whole slew of problems down the line. I've had to replace just about all aluminum parts on my rovan which tempted me to do the build that I did which is why I don't do upgrades with rovan parts. Even my hex extenders are starting to wear out which is odd.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks