rovan or king motors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
which seems to be the better of the two? i'm leaning towards the rovan. mainly concerned about the engine.

I have a km baja but never ran a rovan. if you go for a later model then I thini you wont really have to worry.
also you could put a zenoah headkit on the engine if wanted but I think the stockers should be fine .theres loads of stuff on the forums and videos on youtube.

I bought the Rovan 305A. It's the Aluminum upgraded 5B. 30.5cc. It's a pretty looking car with the Silver, Blue Body and Orange Anodized parts. Was a decent deal for what you get vs. buying then upgrading an HPI.

I did a significant amount of research and because I'm not necessarily brand loyal, and many of the components, if not all, are made in the same factories in China, it would seem you are getting pretty much the same thing whether HPI, King or Rovan. Some of the King/Rovan stuff even looks better built and more robust than HPI to me and I've inspected an HPI at a local store where I used to live. IMO, my Rovan is a nicer and tougher vehicle. That's all been heavily debated and discussed and to each their own. Engines may be the only difference and there are even discussions, arguments about that. I'll sacrifice what ever some might say I am with the aluminum for the additional (IMO) strength at the risk of flex. Plus it just looks sweet(er).

To me, the Rovan was the best bang for the buck. For my wants, needs, and use, I probably won't abuse to the level some do so it should be more than capable and adequate. To my understanding, the same guy is the Rovan and King dealer out of NY State.

I've did a thorough once over on the whole vehicle. Do yourself a favor no matter what you get and take the time to learn to remove the differential and make sure it has enough gear oil. Order extra diff gaskets while getting your vehicle. Packs of 4 are around $12. Many, including HPI, I had read can be a bit low. I checked mine and it needed a top up.

All that said, you are dealing with a small, high perf vehicle. I did have a minor braking issue with mine but following some PhatDad vids on brakes, did a few tricks to the brakes, including a spring mod, and they work great now. Out of the box, I did have a Tx/Rx and throttle/brake servo problem however, the guy at Rovan, Dan I think is his name, replaced the Tx/Rx and the servo no question. He doesn't chat much but he seems straight up and helpful. Again, everyone may have different experiences and opinions.

Good luck with your decision.

which seems to be the better of the two? i'm leaning towards the rovan. mainly concerned about the engine.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks