Rovan RF5B vs. MCD XR5 comparison?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snaxx

Does anyone have experience with both the Rovan RF5B vs. MCD XR5?
I’m interested in reliability and drivability of both. Is it worth the extra $500 for an MCD?

I had that debate and all it took for me was resale value. Seen plenty people trying to sell there Rovan who couldn't get a decent offer for it.or couldn't sell at all. I mean that had let them go like dirt cheap. We're a used mcd sold with ease and at a fair value.

That’s actually a great point. Regarding performance wise, do they compare?

Performance wise I'm not sure since the rovan is pretty much a clone of the competition. I know quality of the parts on the mcd is better from what I have seen from research. Plus if you want better parts for your Rovan you would be getting mcd parts anyway. I ended up getting the xr5 max pro wich will arrive tomorrow. But I mainly chose that because I liked the longer body. If it wasn't for the body I would have got the competition.
Plus if your racing you need performance and strength
Bashing you need mainly strength with some performance
Mcd offers both
Rovan performance I'm not sure how much adjustability there is as far as tuning the suspension and chassie and strength is were I see people complain.

Plus mcd sets the standard

Night and day difference if going to race it. If you are going to play with it in a parking lot for 30 minutes then the rovan may be ok as long as you don't put too big of an engine in it. The axles are weak and shocks suck. None of the drivetrain is compatible with mcd unless you replace it all. If you can afford a max pro, get it and you won't look back.

Night and day difference if going to race it. If you are going to play with it in a parking lot for 30 minutes then the rovan may be ok as long as you don't put too big of an engine in it. The axles are weak and shocks suck. None of the drivetrain is compatible with mcd unless you replace it all. If you can afford a max pro, get it and you won't look back.
I read this post numerous times in the last week and I finally go to experience it for myself the other day lol. I got a rovan f5 like 2 weeks ago and a few days ago I got the mcd xr5. When I got the xr5 and stated messing with the suspension the difference I noticed was kind of crazy to me. The shocks felt SO much better on the mcd I instantly started thinking about ordering mcd shocks for the rovan. I hope they fit! the steering on the rovan has more slop too which has been bugging me.

Definitely wish I would have just started with the MCD but I'm here now so I'm currently stuck trying to get my rovan to feel at least a little closer to the mcd. Hopefully the bellcrank upgrade I bought helps

The extra 600$ for the MCD is totally worth it after I've experienced both.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks