Rovan Strugglin' (not company)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FEK FEK FEK....I just made another vid an messed it up by leaving it run 15 min after I quit running my Mantis ,
it recorded everything that I did afterwards in which that I DO NOT want published ,I don't know how to edit
my vids yet ,so I will have to do another vid of the run!..... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

FEK FEK FEK....I just made another vid an messed it up by leaving it run 15 min after I quit running my Mantis ,
it recorded everything that I did afterwards in which that I DO NOT want published ,I don't know how to edit
my vids yet ,so I will have to do another vid of the run!..... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Oh man,NOW I REALLY want to see that video!. C'mon tell us what came AFTER...
???

@cbaker65 I feel your pain, or at least im sure i would be doing the same thing. Not to mention I have absolute 0 interest in videoing myself, let alone have the patience to edit one.

The run isn't nothing spectacular ,I was only testing & tuning ,but my throttle servo horn needs to be repositioned ,my
transmitter trim is not doing it ,so I will have to straighten that out for tuning ,I had the truck sitting for a while ,an the
fuel is coming off of 30% to 20% ,an I changed the pipe from mid range to torque pipe JP-1 ,that is a drastic change an
needs re tuning ,so now ,I will pull the horn an adjust it ,the braking is not working too well because of it ,the vid will show
that ,so I did not open it up too much with out brakes!

The vid did not catch nothing horiffic ,but my ugly mug getting mad at the PC ,an finding out that I forgot to turn
the camera off ,if I learn how to edit ,i will post ,uploading & public means that it would be seen by folks other than
my RC forum friends ,I don't really care if my mug is on there or what people think of me ,I think that I do have RC vids
out there that exposes of what I look like!...:cool:

LOL....My problem is ,I don't have nobody to shoot the vid for me anymore ,so ,my daughter bought me a go-pro ,
problem is with that ,is it takes me 30 fekin min to re learn how to work it every time I pick it up to use it ,then when
I do ,I have to figure out how to strap it on to my bald ass ugly noggin ,the I look like some stupid tweeker out
in the middle of the street with a gadget strapped to my head running around!....:banghead::banghead::banghead:
I don't have a gopro I just use my phone??

Yo 1/5th Scale enthusiasts,

I have did this over and over and over, but my Rovan HPI clone has been the black sheep of the RC's that I have and I cannot get it to accelerate beyond 5 MPH. This is an annual fight between the Rovan and me. It bogs down, but I have replaced the high and low speed needles after eight years of ownership; the original needles were pitted. I have tuned it, and it moved great until the stupid spur gear blew on a run. After fixing it, I was going to take it out but it made me say some colorful language again.

What would you fellow 1/5'ers think it might be? During the winter months I'm tearing all my trucks for maintenance, but hopefully temperatures will reach in the 30s by weeks end and want to get another run in before its to cold. Notes:
  • I never cleaned the carburetor
  • The piston is blacker than black
  • New needles (worked great after those being installed until spur gear went out)
  • engine is eight years old (is it getting tired?)
  • I never replaced fuel filter in tank, cleaned it once.

Thanks

Your specific details are very vague and won't help us to help you. We need more specific details about what symptoms you are having. First we need to isolate weather you have bad carb tune, bad fuel or some type of mechanical issue. So for my questions that will help give us clues is :

1) did this engine ever run clean and pull peak rpm's ? If yes was it during the hot summer ?
2) how old is the current fuel ? Do you use any type of fuel stabilizer ?
3) how easily does the engine start ?
4) does the engine idle consistent and for how long ?
5) "The piston is blacker than black" What exactly does this mean ?

Your specific details are very vague and won't help us to help you. We need more specific details about what symptoms you are having. First we need to isolate weather you have bad carb tune, bad fuel or some type of mechanical issue. So for my questions that will help give us clues is :

1) did this engine ever run clean and pull peak rpm's ? If yes was it during the hot summer ?

Oh ,crap .I forgot about that Guy .thank for reminding us Polar .....Sorry for the big derail of this thread ,I actually was confused
an didnt know who you was talking about!

I am truely sorry an promise to quit ,an do my part in not 459-ing someone elses thread!....?

Oh ,crap .I forgot about that Guy .thank for reminding us Polar .....Sorry for the big derail of this thread ,I actually was confused
an didnt know who you was talking about!

I am truely sorry an promise to quit ,an do my part in not 459-ing someone elses thread!....?

Wow. That was a little off topic. I did give a chuckle though.

Answers:
1) Yes, and it was both in the 70's with 50-60% humidity and in the upper 40's with humidity in the 30-40% range.

2) The fuel is about two months old. Its 91 octane and ethanol free.
3) Very easy
3) It idles consistently and will idle consistently until I cut the engine.

4) There is a layer of carbon that hides the piston.

I did order a fuel cluck from DDM, because i haven't seen the old one for a long time. I will reset the needles again this weekend and see what happens.

I'm leaning towards a bad tune, as it idles great, but I will replace the cluck as well to make sure I cover my bases.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks