ROVAN V5 45cc tuned pipes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AGRO_DIMI

Hi guys, New member here on the forums. I have recently got back into the hobby after many years. I was originally into nitro on road cars and always wanted to get into 1/5 scale. So yes i know alot of people hate on Rovans and the 45cc engine but its just an introductory 1/5 vehicle for now.

Unfortunately the exhaust header supplied by Rovan does not line up with the port and is way too small ( i suppose that's what you get with knock off brands) and is chocking and seriously affecting the potential available in this stock motor. Before installing i will also polish up the ports. It is also under-carburettored (will look into that next).

I can see plenty of tuned pipes available for this model but nothing that fits the 45cc motor. I was curious if some one can point me in the right direction for a complete tuned pipe setup. Otherwise I am happy to make a header setup myself (i am pretty good with metal work) and i can hook it up to a off the shelf tuned pipe, so if you can recommend a tuned pipe muffler to me that would be great. As i am in Melbourne, Australia I don't have many options apart from purchasing online

I can see a South African fella on youtube is running a BAJA tuned pipe set up...Unfortunately its not made for it and looks silly, the V5 model is 4wd and the port runs on the side rather than the back.

Looking forward to your replies. I have learned so much from reading through this forum already.

Cheers :)

Hi guys, New member here on the forums. I have recently got back into the hobby after many years. I was originally into nitro on road cars and always wanted to get into 1/5 scale. So yes i know alot of people hate on Rovans and the 45cc engine but its just an introductory 1/5 vehicle for now.

Unfortunately the exhaust header supplied by Rovan does not line up with the port and is way too small ( i suppose that's what you get with knock off brands) and is chocking and seriously affecting the potential available in this stock motor. Before installing i will also polish up the ports. It is also under-carburettored (will look into that next).

I can see plenty of tuned pipes available for this model but nothing that fits the 45cc motor. I was curious if some one can point me in the right direction for a complete tuned pipe setup. Otherwise I am happy to make a header setup myself (i am pretty good with metal work) and i can hook it up to a off the shelf tuned pipe, so if you can recommend a tuned pipe muffler to me that would be great. As i am in Melbourne, Australia I don't have many options apart from purchasing online

I can see a South African fella on youtube is running a BAJA tuned pipe set up...Unfortunately its not made for it and looks silly, the V5 model is 4wd and the port runs on the side rather than the back.

Looking forward to your replies. I have learned so much from reading through this forum already.

Cheers :)
What vehicle have you got ? A baja or a LT (losi 5t knockoff)? Bartolone had made one for the Baja
https://www.rovanrc.com/product-rvbartmax5t
No such luck for the LT although I believe there is one coming soon
Edit: I just seen the title, "v5" do you mean F5 ? In that case your out of luck unfortunately. Probably making one is the next best option

Last edited:
What vehicle have you got ? A baja or a LT (losi 5t knockoff)? Bartolone had made one for the Baja
https://www.rovanrc.com/product-rvbartmax5t
No such luck for the LT although I believe there is one coming soon
Edit: I just seen the title, "v5" do you mean F5 ? In that case your out of luck unfortunately. Probably making one is the next best option

Thanks for your response, yes its the V5 model from what ive seen its the same as the F5 with a different body.
I was afraid that i may have been out of luck. May purchase the Bartolone model and make a new re-shaped header

Is there enough meat on the header to grind it out to match?
Yes there is just enough to match port. But my guess is this pipe diameter is more suited for the smaller sized motors and Rovan simply just put a wider flange to bolt on and be done with it. What is generally the best header pipe diameter for a 45cc? Thanks

I thought i would update this post as i would think some people would like a laugh. So there is no exhaust suited for this motor, afew products out there advertise it would suit this model, but is for a 32cc up to 45cc...that's like saying, i have a performance exhaust that is made for your honda civic and your chevy V8 (abit far stretched but you see my point).

For an experiment I ran my rovan without any exhaust and WOW it was ballooning the tyres like never before.

So I hit the tools and 2 days later came up with this complete exhaust; header, flange, exhaust tips is 1 inch straight through (same size as exhaust port), cone is from a mini motor bike exhaust (off ebay for like $20 the entire system). I know according to a 2 stroke exhaust system the exhaust tip should not be the diameter of the header but i will add a restrictor of different sizes until i hit the sweet spot

I am just waiting for a angled silicone hose from ebay so i can finish it and paint. And waiting for a bigger carburettor from ebay China

Will update when complete :)

Attachments

• IMG_4429.JPG
    IMG_4429.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_4430.JPG
    IMG_4430.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 19
You guys need to start doing muff mods. 80% o your exhaust opening should be the outlet size, or as close to it as you can get.
Please excuse the holes, this muffler has seen better days.

Attachments

• 15924294570243044705017488879431.jpg
    15924294570243044705017488879431.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 16
  • 15924294745618918822740475663092.jpg
    15924294745618918822740475663092.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 16
Great example Sean. I am convinced all off the shelve performance exhausts still need extensive work to suit your motor when it comes to match porting. Also a lot are made “just to fit” especially when you see undersized headers, muffler intake and 90 degree bends. (Excluding the top end/expensive brand exhausts, they have actually spent the time to do the job properly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks