Roven diff will not fit in turtle racing diff case

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam1234

Anybody have any idea why the Roven diff will not fit in the turtle racing quick diff?

Attachments

• 6BD8A4DB-910F-4196-9789-EC7E9AE68C0D.jpeg
    6BD8A4DB-910F-4196-9789-EC7E9AE68C0D.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 8D800327-C1E7-4EA5-8FF0-19EBF07EAADD.jpeg
    8D800327-C1E7-4EA5-8FF0-19EBF07EAADD.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 32
The TR gearbox is made for the HPI Baja, the Rovan diffs are 1-2mm wider at the bearings, depending how slack their tolerances are on the day lol.
I believe King Motor diffs are ok though
That's just one of the reasons why they say 95% of HPI parts fit the clones

*edit* all brand name aftermarket upgrades are made to HPI specs, so due to the slack manufacturing tolerances of the clones, upgrades can be hit and miss, but as i mentioned, the Rovan diffs are wider regardless :)

Last edited:
The TR gearbox is made for the HPI Baja, the Rovan diffs are 1-2mm wider at the bearings, depending how slack their tolerances are on the day lol.
I believe King Motor diffs are ok though
That's just one of the reasons why they say 95% of HPI parts fit the clones

*edit* all brand name aftermarket upgrades are made to HPI specs, so due to the slack manufacturing tolerances of the clones, upgrades can be hit and miss, but as i mentioned, the Rovan diffs are wider regardless :)
Thanks for the info. I think I’m going to put the innovative rc hd diff with new bearings and gears then. Any info on if anybody is having problems with those diffs? They seem to be pretty solid

Thanks for the info. I think I’m going to put the innovative rc hd diff with new bearings and gears then. Any info on if anybody is having problems with those diffs? They seem to be pretty solid
No problem

Yeah they're solid and give you the option of running bearings or bushings for the smaller bearings. Depending on your use then all bearings will be fine. Some run a combo of bushings/bearings, and the big bore boys usually run all bushings because the bearings can explode.

Anyway, that will solve the problem of the diff not fitting, i ran the IRC diff with Rovan internals once, no problems

No problem

Yeah they're solid and give you the option of running bearings or bushings for the smaller bearings. Depending on your use then all bearings will be fine. Some run a combo of bushings/bearings, and the big bore boys usually run all bushings because the bearings can explode.

Anyway, that will solve the problem of the diff not fitting, i ran the IRC diff with Rovan internals once, no problems
Awesome! What weight diff fluid do you run? I was reading 500k was good for bashing?

Awesome! What weight diff fluid do you run? I was reading 500k was good for bashing?
I run the RCMAX hexlock diff locker, but i run the Outlaw Hybrid which uses the Baja rear end. The Baja I was referring too was built for a big bore engine so it had 1million weight oil.
500k is too much for bashing, especially for a small bore. That's pretty much locking the diff.
20-30k seems to be a happy medium for a small bore and general bashing from what i've read over the years, any thicker and it just won't turn

Last edited:
I run the RCMAX hexlock diff locker, but i run the Outlaw Hybrid which uses the Baja rear end. The Baja I was referring too was built for a big bore engine so it had 1million weight oil.
500k is too much for bashing, especially for a small bore. That's pretty much locking the diff.
20-30k seems to be a happy medium for a small bore and general bashing from what i've read over the years, any thicker and it just won't turn
Thanks again for the good guidance. I’m a new guy to the 5th scale world, but really enjoying it so far

my Rovan diff did fit in mine. However once that explodes and make no mistake it will. I want to go with possibly an IRC setup. The fit was super close though I vaguely remember having to shave off the bolt heads a bit to get it to spin freely in the case.
I had that problem, but i just removed the spring/lock washers from the bolts. They're not needed anyway, that's what loctite is for

No problem

Any ideas? Literally 100 dollar irc diff will not fit. Has to be some type of measurement issue with the tr quick diff?

Attachments

• 9B2F3C2B-4263-4880-AB93-4D3A2A3EE769.jpeg
    9B2F3C2B-4263-4880-AB93-4D3A2A3EE769.jpeg
    101.4 KB · Views: 26
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks