RR5 Max Rolling Chassis Ultimate, Fast build for racing at Rocky Hill Raceway NH next weekend!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s something I always do if I’m going to race. I need to make sure everything is locked down by me.
If there is anyone to blame for something coming loose it will be me “ the Mechanic “
You’d be surprised by things that are missed when things are assembled at a factory.
I’ve had thing’s get torn up just because things were loose. I also have a preference for the lube / oils / thread lock etc.
Just making sure everything is good to go, another plus is you really see get to know your buggy inside out.
When you’re at a track you need to know that buggy inside out, so you can do maintenance / setup changes as fast as possible.
At least that’s my take guys😊
Back to wrenching

It’s something I always do if I’m going to race. I need to make sure everything is locked down by me.
If there is anyone to blame for something coming loose it will be me “ the Mechanic “
You’d be surprised by things that are missed when things are assembled at a factory.
I’ve had thing’s get torn up just because things were loose. I also have a preference for the lube / oils / thread lock etc.
Just making sure everything is good to go, another plus is you really see get to know your buggy inside out.
When you’re at a track you need to know that buggy inside out, so you can do maintenance / setup changes as fast as possible.
Back to wrenching
I get it. Anything “factory” assembled has lots to be desired.

Back to wrenching
This is the way.

(Sorry couldn’t resist.)

Well I race also. Drag and course. There are no fluids in the mcd diffs so that wouldn't be an issue. So basically just checking or changing the shock fluid. I understand your fear tho especially if this is your 1st mcd and you may have been part of another platform in the past. Maher builds most of the mcds that leave cardinal racing and he does a good job with putting them together. Wrench on brother👍🏽

Changing out the all the factory grease for my go to Lucas red and tacky on the buggy.
I‘ve had great results with this grease over the years.
8996E0BE-552F-4C89-B545-E29AA637D967.jpeg
I also added a boot between the diff drive and mid support, wondering why this isn’t a factory setup.
DDCEF7EA-D230-4DF6-B5DE-60A8F1798AF0.jpeg

Quick tip, use a magnet to remove the balls off the drive.

0AA0D715-4473-4E86-ABC9-F7228F0CE225.jpeg
On to the diff’s
684CE251-946A-4336-8416-F378E2ADB6A1.jpeg

Diff‘s are back in, everything is greased up EF709CF7-F437-425A-BD55-9BA68E6BD4C9.jpeg3B06E20C-EB67-48D7-8E6C-549DF3DAD13F.jpeg3D6B77D7-1A1A-4AC8-A878-5806B8010B98.jpeg

Needed to shim the front and rear outer hinge pin holders.
The arms would bind, when the you tighten the two bolts.
I used a couple of exactly knives during mockup to see how much was need.
For now I just made some shims from some old feeler gauges I had.

16 thousand’s gave me bind free arms.F17C23A9-0351-4F2F-B937-8A3E304176F4.jpeg6C20FDBB-75EB-4288-A8A9-D56B394FEDCC.jpeg35A569C5-256C-48EF-A8FE-17A651387153.jpeg1921AD9B-BED1-4367-B0AA-FFF5D73356D2.jpeg
Body getting some scuff/reinforcement.
This is just thin aluminum adhesive backed tape372693AB-EAA3-46FE-9C23-EBCCE8420EB6.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally made the podium this weekend, I entered the race 3 minutes late (20 minute main) had another kill switch go out. I was in the pit’s wrenching until I figured it out, then joined the race. I’m not a fan of running without a kill switch but at this point with the East Coast Nationals coming up I’m leaning towards not running one anymore.
Still struggling with the setup on the buggy though, I still am having an issue with it nosing down on jumps, which is causing me time to gather her up and get going, anyone have any suggestions for setup to Cure this issue?IMG_1340.jpegIMG_1264.jpegIMG_1343.jpeg

Last edited:
Congrats! Maybe add some weight to the rear of the car for nose up jumps. Not sure how much so that's something you will need to play with.

I thought a killswitch would be mandatory. There's no tech in these races to check for that? What ks are you using and having problems with? No way I would run a race without one. To protect the marshals and my car.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks