Running Lean

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sperera

hello ever1,

Ok sounds silly but im not sure. How do you tell when your 2 stoke is running on the lean side?

I have never run a 2 stroke in a buggy before, previously only with nitro motors. They we I tell they are running lean is by temp and sound (screams in a second when lean).

Is it similar with 2 stroke? If not what should i be looking for to make sure im not hurting my engine?

:confused:

depending on oil used, you may not see any smoke.

i run Maxima Castor 927, and the only time i see any smoke (actuall its steam) is when i first start my motors until they are warm. the warming process creates a bit of condensation, when then steams off as the motor gets hot. but once hot, the steaming stops (motor (pipe actually) stops condensating, thus no more steam).

but plug color is the best indicator of your motor running condition.

med brown is a good tune. carmel brown is performance tuned, tan/grey is Too lean. White is a new top end. drk brown is rich, black is overly rich.

it takes around a mere 15 seconds to change the plug color and get a good read on it.
but keep in mind it only takes 2 seconds to lean sieze a motor from too lean needle settings or an air leak.

how to tellif the motor is running lean, the pull start seams jammed ?? you need to use a hammer and a punch to tap the piston out of the head

as easy way to see if its a tad on the learn side it to drive the motor full throttle for a while then back off and try to hit full throllte again if the motor hesitates the motor is hot imo and is on the learn side.

also if its to learn when holding full throttle for a while it will actualy start to slow down this means its to lean.

if the motrs not ported wityh out with out a pipe if you stay close to factory carb setting in most cases you will be right

https://www.largescaleforums.com/showthread.php?t=5380

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks