running problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lrp gtr

Having a running problem with my marder , will start fine idle fine , pulls away fine but soon reaches a speed not very fast , and wont accelerate any more as if its only open half throttle , have checked that the carb is opening full throttle ok . have re gapped plug.. carb settings factory . ive removed the head and there is bit of scorring on the piston, exhaust side . the inside of the head has few shiny bits, few dull bits?? which should it be .. not been able to determine what engine it is. its a zenoah i know that , numbers on head are 1148 numbers on block are 1140 piston measures 32mm across 30 mm depth can anybody help me ???? not sure of previous history of car bought second hand :helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie::helpsmilie:

Maybe an air leak or a dodgy carb. The lads on here will point you in the right direction & tell you what to check. Im still a bit of a newb on engine problems :blush::clown:

cylinder shoud be pretty shiney. the dull spots if they don't rub out quick (which if they did and shine up fast, then the dull areas is just build up) and get shiney its likely cylinder wall damage. the scouring isnt good. how large and deep is it?

both dull cylinder wall damage, and scouring can cause performance issues. from blow by being the number one issue (loss of compression at higher RPMs).

32mm is a 23cc . 34mm is a 26cc and 36mm is a 28.5cc (when using a stock 28mm stroke crank).

I would buy and install a Zenoah 34mm (26cc) topend. around 60.00 USD. also replace the crank bearings. you should be able to get some TFE SS crank bearings for 13.00 USD< and new oil seals for 6.00 USD. add a new gasket set for 9.00, and rebuid the motor. for less than 100 USD, you can have a nice strong running 26cc Zenoah.

if you look at the motor topend, i presume it has only 2 bolts holding the cylinder to the cases?

thanks for all the info great help, when you say cylinder to the cases . you mean cyclinder head ?? mine is a 4 bolt fixing if thats what you mean cheers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks