Running Victory pipes with no exhaust spacer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Craig G.

Sorry guys no pics right now, I'm just gonna write out my concern. I have installed 2 Victory pipes in the last 2 months and I have not been able to fit the exhaust spacer piece back on my cy motor after installing the side mount pipe. These pipes come with super short stud bolts that don't seem to want to accomodate the spacer piece I had on before. I am concerned that with just a gasket between the pipe and head, that the whole motor might get really hot without that spacer piece seperating the heat. With my old pipe it was- pipe, gasket, seperator piece, gasket, head. Now with this victory side mount it's just- pipe, gasket, head. Maybe since the victory pipes are 2 piece with a rubber hose piece between the 2 parts, some of the heat gets seperated like that.

Have you run it yet?, If not I would test to see if it's even needed.
I think you'll be fine as victory make great exhausts that are well designed. I don't know what engine your using though.
See if they reccomend one if your concerned.
I've seen people run the spacer more for clearance but I know some say it helps reduce outlet temp before pipe.
My $.02, you'll be fine.

OH MY GOD NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that I've got that out of my system I feel much better . :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: If you want to use the space you've got why not get some longer bolt's? And to be honest I have one on my buggy but I had no clue as to what it was for. Thanks for the question . Good to know I don't need it .

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks