?s for baja owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

todd217

im thinking about selling my fg mt to buy a baja but i have some questions. first let me say that i wont be running the stock motor it will be an esp ported zenoah g260 and a pipe from daves. are there any drivetrain parts that are weak? are there any must have upgrade parts (minus electronics)? and how well do they hold up when they crash? thx todd

hi todd i have a baja wth a esp ported zen 260 and a ddm pipe on it. the buggy is awsome. i have blown a couple drive shafts but not 2 many. i have a set of heavy dutys im going to put in next time i blow one out.

as far as upgradeing stuff out of the box. i would defently have a set of metal gears close buy for the stearing servo. the plastic gears didnt last long in mine.

when u crash them there great. the tyres are held on buy c clips. so if u crash eal bad the clip breaks and and the tire goes flying. but all u have to do is replace the clip. i have yet to bust a single a arm. or any outher frount end parts. but i have knocked the tire off it 4 or 5 times. its a great set up there really tuff

like Harris said, mostly easyily fixable things, with some understandable failures. drive shafts from landing still on WOT and braking from hooking up.
maybe the other thing you may need is possibly a set of Turtle Racings Diff Support halves. the diff cased may get wrapped abit. the TR diff cases keep it together and tight. some have seen this issue others havnt.

and lastly that brings us to the rubbing issue. relocate the rear lower shock mount like i have done to Harris', Mysterious Ones and mine. or go with the dark sole or vp axel extenders or the B&T rear lower shock relocators.

like Harris said, mostly easyily fixable things, with some understandable failures. drive shafts from landing still on WOT and braking from hooking up.
maybe the other thing you may need is possibly a set of Turtle Racings Diff Support halves. the diff cased may get wrapped abit. the TR diff cases keep it together and tight. some have seen this issue others havnt.

and lastly that brings us to the rubbing issue. relocate the rear lower shock mount like i have done to Harris', Mysterious Ones and mine. or go with the dark sole or vp axel extenders or the B&T rear lower shock relocators.

Timmahh do you have any pics of your mod? I don't think I ever saw it over at hbf.

Also don't forget outerwears for the pullstart and filter. They are rather cheap and should save you from some headaces down the road.

I broke a lower front control arm and shock ends. No big thing got new parts from Daves and got a new tuned race pipe. This buggy is a beast. I'm now looking for a place to run at.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks