Saggy springs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

voo2doo

In Memoriam
PLUS member
I have just put the MT back together and am left with a bit of a problem ,i have fill the rears with 8000 and the front with 6000 but I think are a bit lame now,it wont return all the way.I have put this up before but didnt really get the answer I needed.
So with all the new and old members on line can anyone tell me the makes of any good stiff springs.
Ta
J.

the balloon springs will work fine with just a 2 shock set up on the

back end of your truck ....see them here on my marder

you can just make the springs out under all the mud :clown::clown:

marderrebuilt006.jpg

blimey james you must have clicked the submit button as i did ....LOL

2.8mm dia you may not get any movement with 4 shocks :clown::clown:

the 2.5mm will be fine and the balloon springs look the part big and shiney

How much does it sag? Remember you don't want it to ride at the top, that would mean it will be too stiff.
Are you using spacers? You could use a different size to stiffen the spring. The oil should not change the ride height. Only the springs will change the height.

How much does it sag? Remember you don't want it to ride at the top, that would mean it will be too stiff.
Are you using spacers? You could use a different size to stiffen the spring. The oil should not change the ride height. Only the springs will change the height.

Its when it comes down off a jump ,it just bottoms out.I need something to stop it happening.
J.

I just ordered more of those balloon springs. got 2 sets for my offroaders. silver on back, black on front. springs are more for rebound and ride height. while they do affect the downstroke, that is more a function of the shock oil than the springs. if you are bottoming out you will want thicker oils... and firmer springs will help the thicker oil rebound back out

Why do you want to upgrade Soop? Does yours bottom out? are you still using four on the back? Are they not returning to full extension? What are you using on the front and what oil are you using front and rear?
Your help will be appreciated.
Cheers
J.

Have 2000 front 3000 back...damp's nice but my rear springs are'nt retuning all the way unless i addjust the springs right down....it does'nt bottom out that much but would like the stiffer springs...

I would go for purple or maybe red on front and black on rear ...

I run the four shock set up voo as it is a monster truck and that is how it came, so don't want to change it really...

Cheers Soupe,I think i'll go with that.The reason i asked if you were running the stock 8 was that your mate Ducky runs 4 on his and i thought you might have changes set-up.
Cheers J.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks