Said I Wouldn't Buy Anything for a While!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

atom3624

I've always liked the F360, ever since I had a Tamiya 1/10 electric one with a 12x3 Orion motor in - long gone - and more recently have purchased a few SCX F360 slot cars.

I found this when 'innocently browsing' the internet ..... !!!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/180742431421?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160668573482?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I've since purchased a correct rear wing, BBS grey wheels, and a decal set - headlamps missing on the shell.
It APPEARS perfect, but .... we'll see.

I'm told that the lettering is decals and can be carefully removed, so my plan is a red 'fast road' spec F360.

I want an alternative to the fantastic F1 GTR shell I have, which, despite a Deeside experience (!!!) I really don't wish to bash!

What do you reckon?

Al.

Good find Al, ;)

Black wheels would look better on the ferrari! can you paint em ?
Be nice to see how the body comes out when your finished tho

I could find the finer mesh black BBS wheels, same style, but wa looking for the BBS 5-spoke in black - which appear as wheel sets from time to time.

I'm toying with the idea of spraying the wheels silver rather than black, then need to hunt down 'BBS' stickers ... but it depends how far I'm going to take the detail.

I'm still away and haven't physically 'seen' the body yet - still looks too good to be true, so .... here's hoping it wasn't!!
The black window stickers may be covering 'various woes', but perhaps not.

There's a yellow F360 body in Ebay at the moment, saying it's new, but it's full of holes - decision taken away from the potential owner. I'll see in less than 4 weeks' time!
Yes, I know it's slightly longer, but I do have the longer rear overhang alloy mounts - plastic with alloy bracing - as well.
Al.

Sounds like a good project, black or silver wheels would be nice but not grey, the bbs wheels would suit even better...good luck Al

Sounds like a good project, black or silver wheels would be nice but not grey, the bbs wheels would suit even better...good luck Al

Cheers mate.
I hope the body's as good as it appears!!
I'm a bit wary of the black windows, 'though I do like the contrast, hence the idea of 'fast road' without the sponsorship stickers.
It MIGHT be that it was all painted red, and they're just indicating the windows - not a bad idea.
They appear to require a little tidying.

I've located self adhesive miniature Ferrari badges for the front and the horse at the back ... so I've a few ideas, as usual. That's if they're to scale .....
Al.

I'm still away and haven't physically 'seen' the body yet - still looks too good to be true, so .... here's hoping it wasn't!!
The black window stickers may be covering 'various woes', but perhaps not.

Nothing a good bath in some brake fluid wouldn't fix. I would take the time to strip the shell and repaint it a more appropriate red.

I think aluminum paint on the wheels would look fantastic. The only black wheels that look good on a prancing pony are on an F1 and an FXX.

Nothing a good bath in some brake fluid wouldn't fix. I would take the time to strip the shell and repaint it a more appropriate red.

I think aluminum paint on the wheels would look fantastic. The only black wheels that look good on a prancing pony are on an F1 and an FXX.

You're not wrong, but I reckon I'll forego the brake fluid paint strip for now - see what I can do with what I've got.

Good ideas and thanks for the input.

Al.

I think it's a good score. you can dye the rims but try them under the body and see. might actually look good. My spending has gone into other toys of late. We never stop spending, it's just what do we spend it on...

I closed my business doors in spring, bought a motorcycle and have been touring all over BC. I put a lot of miles on. And I got back into music, been singing lead vocals for a couple bands, playing guitar, mandolin, harmonica. I posted a video here of an rc forklift I wrote a song for.

took an rc break. we ran 3 times this year. next summer we will be back in the swing of things. also sold the minivan and got my dream cruiser (ltd edition 2003 pt cruiser gt. I have the only tangerine pearl one in western canada).

kept my semi and have 2 motorcycles, all 5th scale. and still have the clk gtr body and chassis when the semi body finally needs to retire

I closed my business doors in spring, bought a motorcycle and have been touring all over BC. I put a lot of miles on. And I got back into music, been singing lead vocals for a couple bands, playing guitar, mandolin, harmonica. I posted a video here of an rc forklift I wrote a song for.

took an rc break. we ran 3 times this year. next summer we will be back in the swing of things. also sold the minivan and got my dream cruiser (ltd edition 2003 pt cruiser gt. I have the only tangerine pearl one in western canada).

kept my semi and have 2 motorcycles, all 5th scale. and still have the clk gtr body and chassis when the semi body finally needs to retire

Glad you've got something going mate.
It seems a lot more, but I was thinking initially of calling you Charlie, with the Forklift tune / jingle!!
Keep well and keep in touch.
I've still no idea what the actual condition this body is in!!
I'll find out in a few weeks now.
Al.

so much for my pretty pt cruiser. damage isn't huge but I rear ended a car last night on the way to work. dam. I had no choice. I was in the left lane and a 3 ton truck decided to come over with me beside. I sped up to get away and then the car in front slammed his brakes and the truck went back to his lane and drove away. lucky the car guy didn't care about the damage to his. mine got the worst going under his bumper. well I was looking at custom bumpers and grills. guess I know where the next spending spree is going hehe

Bad luck.
Blame me!!
I kept quiet - wasn't aware of the GT Cruiser - but I don't have too high a regard for the PT Cruiser to be honest, sorry - see it as a latter day Gremlin - 'though that had plenty of followers, and not just because of Wayne's World and Bohemian Rapsody!!

Al.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks