Sand Running Must-haves?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnston.jer

Hey guy's

Any body run in sand alot? What are the "must-haves" for protection and best running? I am very fortunate to live near the Silver Lake Sand Dunes and will most likely do most of my bashing there.

Thanks, Jeremy

I would say from reading. Outterwears everything, Paddles and rib tires, good airfilter and put a little grease where the filter meets the housing plate to seal it. Sand proof your carb. Putting trimmed axle boots and o-rings over the shafts and needles. Make sure your drive cups have good boots with grease. You want to prevent sand from entering the engine and fuel tank. Also a enclosed clutch housing with prevent your clutch shoes from getting sand blasted. Also I have seen guys mod the bottom of there coils to prevent the bottom getting sand blasted and shorting out. I have never ran on sand but will be trying to this year. Goodluck I would also bring a air compressor with a blow gun to clean it off just in case you need to open something up.

Sand running

If no outerweares - cut the toe section off a nylon stocking and pull it over your air filter. Shock socks. Bicycle inner tubes can be pulled over them.
Boot protectors can be made from any hard plastic and stuck with glue to lower arms.
Your pull start collects a lot of sand and gets stuck!
Air compressor for after the fact!!!!
Enjoy mate!!!i:cool:

If no outerweares - cut the toe section off a nylon stocking and pull it over your air filter. Shock socks. Bicycle inner tubes can be pulled over them.
Boot protectors can be made from any hard plastic and stuck with glue to lower arms.
Your pull start collects a lot of sand and gets stuck!
Air compressor for after the fact!!!!
Enjoy mate!!!i:cool:
+1 on everything ...ever thought of a chassis outerwear?they work great for sand

I tried the Outerwears pull start / engine cooling intake and they just fell apart. Found RB Innovations - Pull Start Air Filter to be the best thing out there. Also to protect outer Axle Boots , The Team Chase axle boot protectors are great , But don't drill and screw them to your lower arms drill second set of holes and zip ty or wire them on lower arms. see Pics.

https://rbinnovations.com/collections/1-5th-scale-pull-start-filter-systems
http://www.davesmotors.com/Team-Chase-Axle-Boot-Protectors-for-HPI-Baja-5b-5T-5SC-2700.html20180217_163701.jpg 20180217_163715.jpg 20180218_155216.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks