SAVOX waterproof servos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Equalizer

Just came across some product from SAVOX they have waterproof 1/5 scale servos, there are two kindsthe part #'s are SAVSW0240MG and SAVSW0241MG both are high volt and both fit it stock case they are a little taller but everything else is the same compared to stock servo specs just throwing it out there

I'll have one by this Friday It says waterproof ..SAVOXUSA.com go to the waterproof section of left side of page scroll down to bottom of page there they are :w00t:...the stock servo's have taken a beating and I took it through some big puddles and they worked no problems

TGIF :w00t: I got the Savox servo to day here are some pics with some specs written on the box, hard to read very small print and the box is glossy makes it hard to get clear pic...what it says from left to right SW-0240MG --200.0 grams--0.15 (speed/sec/60 degrees)--35.0/486.1 (Torque/kg-cm/Oz-in) looks like they put silicone around all the screws ..if anyone need to see more pics like in car let me know and measurements I can provide as well .:lol:

Attachments

• 20141114_135831 (2).jpg
    20141114_135831 (2).jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 20141114_140502 (2).jpg
    20141114_140502 (2).jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 20
TGIF :w00t: I got the Savox servo to day here are some pics with some specs written on the box, hard to read very small print and the box is glossy makes it hard to get clear pic...what it says from left to right SW-0240MG --200.0 grams--0.15 (speed/sec/60 degrees)--35.0/486.1 (Torque/kg-cm/Oz-in) looks like they put silicone around all the screws ..if anyone need to see more pics like in car let me know and measurements I can provide as well .:lol:

FYI... See that "IP67" on the box. That's the rating standard information.

What does IP67 Mean?

IP stands for 'Ingress Protection'

An IP number is used to specify the environmental protection of enclosures around electronic equipment. These ratings are determined by specific tests.

The IP number is composed of two numbers, the first referring to the protection against solid objects (dust and debris) and the second against liquids (water). The higher the number, the better the protection.

First Number
0 - No protection (Sometimes X)
1 - Protected against solid objects up to 50mm³
2 - Protected against solid objects up to 12mm³
3 - Protected against solid objects up to 2.5mm³
4 - Protected against solid objects up to 1mm³
5 - Protected against dust, limited ingress (no harmful deposit)
6 - Totally protected against dust

Second Number
0 - No protection (Sometimes X)
1 - Protection against vertically falling drops of water (e.g. condensation)
2 - Protection against direct sprays of water up to 15 degrees from vertical
3 - Protection against direct sprays of water up to 60 degrees from vertical
4 - Protection against water sprayed from all directions - limited ingress permitted
5 - Protected against low pressure jets of water from all directions - limited ingress permitted
6 - Protected against low pressure jets of water, limited ingress permitted
7 - Protected against the effect of immersion between 15cm and 1m
8 - Protected against long periods of immersion under pressure

In this case the Savox SW-0240MG (IP67 rating) is completely protected against dust (6) and is protected from water from 15cm up to 1m (7).

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks