Scales for a 5th scale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ncmayo

Ok my question is was looking for corner weight scales but all that comes up when I search the internet is for 1/8 10th and 1/12. So with that said do they even make them for a 5th scale. Also would it even be worth getting for 5t I have 3 5t's and they all drive different. Two are the 1.5 and the other is a 2.0. Oh and I should probably mention we...... me and like 7 of my buddys are racing them on a oval track that we have built.

Any old small scale should work for your application, it doesn't neccesarily have to be for rc. I have seen small kitchen scales used once, worked well as it would measure in lbs, oz, and grams. I , personally, don't really see the point of scaling your vehicle unless your going to add weight to get your balance how you like it, or may be super rune pressure on each wheel for bias?

Any old small scale should work for your application, it doesn't neccesarily have to be for rc. I have seen small kitchen scales used once, worked well as it would measure in lbs, oz, and grams. I , personally, don't really see the point of scaling your vehicle unless your going to add weight to get your balance how you like it, or may be super rune pressure on each wheel for bias?
Well I was thinking/hoping it would help me get the correct weight to the shocks to help me turn in the corners. With that said do you not think it would help and also I can add a little weight where needed.
Watch "1/5 Scale Final Event @ Carolina RC Park in Hertford North Carolina" on YouTube

Last edited:
It would help, but I think (for the reason listed above) your set up would be a better place to start then going to scaling it. Beans your running a 5t 2wd your diff fluid and caster/camber and toe would be better used to tune the car for turning. I don't have a baja so I'm hoping some of the guys that do will chime in on set up.

It would help, but I think (for the reason listed above) your set up would be a better place to start then going to scaling it. Beans your running a 5t 2wd your diff fluid and caster/camber and toe would be better used to tune the car for turning. I don't have a baja so I'm hoping some of the guys that do will chime in on set up.
No it's a losi 5t sorry should have said losi

Disconnect the front drive shaft ,Stiffen the right rear shock . Loosen the front shocks up a little and try again. There is a reason 4 wheel drive cars/trucks don't do circle tracks in 1 to 1 scale . Just kidding . Ignore everything I just said and have fun . Personally I would run a 2 wheel drive buggy . Easier to tune the suspension and slide through the corners.

Disconnect the front drive shaft ,Stiffen the right rear shock . Loosen the front shocks up a little and try again. There is a reason 4 wheel drive cars/trucks don't do circle tracks in 1 to 1 scale . Just kidding . Ignore everything I just said and have fun . Personally I would run a 2 wheel drive buggy . Easier to tune the suspension and slide through the corners.
Lol yeah we started out with two wheel drive. Really like the 4wheel drive they come of the corners hard and actually turn in corner good but mid corner they want to push a little. My orange truck is great in corners and I have measured and set up both of my other trucks exactly the same but they don't drive like my orange one. Diff on all 3 trucks are also the same. That's why I was thinking of some scales I'm thinking maybe springs are different for some reason.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks