Scorpion Unlimited Baja Armor and TR Front Chassis Brace

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
these parts should certainly beef up the front end. i don't have the S.U. lower front plate, but do have the TR plates on both bajas. the green on has the Threshold bulk head installed it it as well.

both parts are very nicly done.

The last time I ran the Baja, I bent one front shock shaft, 2 rear shafts, and the DS steel bumper was bent to hell. I'll be installing the Phatdad shafts all the way around, Ramtech springs all the way around, Ramtech enclosed clutch carrier (per your review on HBF!), HPI carbon fiber gear plate (mine was a bit tweaked, not sure why), Robinson steel spur gear, and the two items above. I can't wait to get started (tonight I hope). Those Threshold bulkheads are awesome. That's on my "eventually" list. I want to get the TR rear upper tranny plate next and then the Lauterbacher 4 shoe clutch!

I'll be drilling a couple holes on the bottom of the Scorpion chassis brace. Easy enough and I won't have to really remove anything to do this. All hardware is included (NOT the drill bit).

I'll also be leaving off the stock plastic bumper in favor of the DS bumper that I am already using! I like the look of the plastic bumper being gone.

DS_Scorpion.jpg

The phatdad shafts are fantastic...I do A LOT of jumping without any problems now (previously many problems:)) I have the Ramtech springs on the back, and they have also helped a lot. They seem to take the weight of the rear DOM well. I also upped my shock oil weight from 20 to 35 and now all seems good.

I love that Scorpian brace...that looks chunky.

i ve been fortunate enough to see the Scoprion parts thru development. very nice parts and probably a must have for us HARDCORE bashers.

The phatdad shafts are fantastic...I do A LOT of jumping without any problems now (previously many problems:)) I have the Ramtech springs on the back, and they have also helped a lot. They seem to take the weight of the rear DOM well. I also upped my shock oil weight from 20 to 35 and now all seems good.

I love that Scorpian brace...that looks chunky.

I can't wait to get the Phatdad shocks installed. I can't believe how slightly bent the rear shocks were, just ever so slightly. I wonder how long they had been like that?

I think I'm going with 35 wt in the rear and 30 in the front.

All installed and I finally had a chance to take the Baja out to a construction site this evening. Chunks of limestone, dirt, dust, tractor ruts, piles of gravel, and HUGE piles of gravel.

Great time, no shock shaft bends! Phatdad's rock. I put 30 weight in the front and 40 weight in the rear with the Ramtech springs. I beat the hell out of that thing. Nothing bent in the front end except the DS bumper. I can't stress enough how awesome that bumper is. After you bend it, just put your foot on it and bend it back down. Simple and you don't have to remove it. The three front end improvements are a must have as far as the Baja is concerned (Scorpion lower chassis brace, Turtle upper chassis brace, and the DarkSoul Front Bumper).

The downside of the bashing, I bent my first dogbone in a year of running. :(

Tore my first drive shaft boots (all on the side of the bent dogbone).

Oh yeah, I destroyed a beadlock but was able to continue running my Hostile MX's...no tearing at all.

I think I'm done upgrading for awhile, after landing on loads of limestone, flipping, jumping and crashing, I think it seems pretty solid.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks