SD73's kraken vekta 5 build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Little update, ordered what I hope to be the last order for this thing. Few misc engine parts, bar stock for the servo mounts should be here this week. Raining today, so I'll be stuck in the house after work. Hope to get some wrench time on this pig. Think I have everything I need now to get it going. I'll update again later.

Haric's battery box installed. Looks feking amazing. And fit like a glove!
20210416_160308.jpg

20210416_160304.jpg
I'm just gonna deal with the factory switch for now, till my new one shows up, and I decided I'll also wait to do the wiring till I have the engine and pipe in it, so i don't have the "Ryan effect" on my antenna 🤭. I also think the switch will get moved to another location that's easier to get at, and I'll use this stock one for lights (one day 🙄) I have a bit more free time here today so I'll get some more posted up later.

I like my snork antenna thank you :LOL: 🖕
Sorry mate, had to lop.
Got a bit more done. Cvd is in. And TV max diff cover.
20210416_164112.jpg
Spents asked for a comparison just snapped a few pics of the one end, splines are about the same on both shafts. They use a metal retaining ring to help keep the pins in the cvd.
20210416_161447.jpg
Solid connection, beefier construction and also eliminates 2 pins and grab screws
20210416_161506.jpg
It looks like the same cross pins for both, but they are much better supported. Imo this should be standard and not an upgrade.
I would like to mention an issue I had with the brakes in the vertigo trans. The hole and pocket machined for the brake camshaft was tight in the pocket. Like woulnt return tight. Hooked the drill to the shaft sprayed it up with some light oil and spun the shite out of it. Took it out cleaned it up, and applied some dry lube to it. Works buttery smooth now.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks