SD73's kraken vekta 5 build.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate saying it but Im thinking about installing a rovan 45. I will disassemble the entire motor and inspect it for sure if I go that route. Would have to fab a exhaust header for the vrc exhaust i have. Im seriously debating it. 🧐
thats whatt i'm putting in mine to start with mick :D,
the rovan/rofun 45 aint bad tbh, i think i got a good one though :LOL:(y)

I take it the case is good hows everything else around it? I highly doubt I'd buy it if I went for a reed I'd spring for atleast an obr/tr case with a zen top end

I take it the case is good hows everything else around it? I highly doubt I'd buy it if I went for a reed I'd spring for atleast an obr/tr case with a zen top end

Seen a few videos of them in a baja and they arent bad at all for a rovan. Priced decent, and being chris had his hands on it I cant imagine it's bad. Biggest thing is pipe availability I'd guess as they use a larger header than a standard zenoah type

Seen a few videos of them in a baja and they arent bad at all for a rovan. Priced decent, and being chris had his hands on it I cant imagine it's bad. Biggest thing is pipe availability I'd guess as they use a larger header than a standard zenoah type
Based on my experience with rovan, the top ends are a bit shoddy, material wise. They tend to flake after a while, and from what I have seen on facebook I am not the only one. But that being said, I never had a 45 so yeah, it may preform well, but not sure on top end reliability, but they do sell rebuilds. As for the pipe bartalone and rovan are pretty much the only bolt on options, but you can always do a chop chop weld weld. Also, after you have a bart header, (don't think they sell separate but mabe they will if asked) its probably possible to put other pipes, but its prob best to stick with the bart, as its made specific to that engine.
Until it turns into nofun :LOL: 🤦‍♂️
Been there, done that 🤣 😂 😆🤦‍♂️

The vrc pipe for the vekta is made for 32cc and could easily be modded to fit the 45 as the header is strait. Im thinking about it...

Until it turns into nofun :LOL: 🤦‍♂️
time will tell rep (y):LOL:,
i need to get some proper thrash time done with mine, then see if it goes pop or not :ROFLMAO:,
as ya know i got one just as an experiment to see what they were like, and then mod the ports a tad etc (y),
vekta will get an rcmax in the future though , cant afford one at moment unfortunately :D
The vrc pipe for the vekta is made for 32cc and could easily be modded to fit the 45 as the header is strait. Im thinking about it...

my rovan 45 is in a baja at moment mick, i'm using a vrc pro side pipe with a modded header , the baja vrc works well with the 45 (y),
i have a booster pipe for the vekta that i'm gonna make a fresh header for (y):)

oh, and rep, i will be the first to admit if the rovan 45 is a complete sack o shite if it does go pop (y) :ROFLMAO: ,

Last edited:
Finally got some free time to wrench on the vekta. Got the engine more or less together.
20210509_151859.jpg

The top end rep sent me. Just left the ports alone. Want to see how the esp porting is on a g320 vs what I can do with the rovan siblues sent me. Gonna get the kill switch wired up yet. (Forgot to stick it on before I bolted the fan cover up to it. The term dumb arse comes to mind) anyway that will be sitting in place here shortly.

Hope you like it sean (y)
I'm sure I am, just going to be using it as a baseline for this other engine I have sitting here.
Engine in, switched to working 8n the battery box. Good thing haric made them so big!. Lots of stuff getting shoved in there. Got the antenna and protec switch mounted. Receiver and killer bee mounted as well. I was going to leave the stock switch in for lights, but it hangs too low and hits the battery. I have a few other switches here (somewhere) that should bolt in the same place with a smaller profile. I was waiting on an order from killer bee. But after nearly a month I emailed him to cancel the order. Ordered an led for the killer bee and some extension cables (to use with lights if I ever get that far) on the 14th of April. Not waiting. I have a few small led here I'm going to use instead. They are rated up to 12 volts so should work fine with this set up. Few more pics.20210509_172139.jpg20210509_172135.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks