Second problem...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

One1Savage_

Guys i'm running in to my second problem and i don't have the car for even a week.. Iv'e broke my pull start and i've orderd this one without a fly wheel but the extended screw makes the pullstart bit wider then the original ones that came with the car but does my side body going to fit on it even its wider? Im little bit worried guys...Desktop Screenshot 2021.12.29 - 08.49.27.55 (3).png

It should fit on. But I found all the side pods did was collect grass anyways.
The easy start is good, don't pull as hard as the normal start, but make sure the pawls are engaged before yanking.
The easy pull always engage right ? Because on the standard one i have to feel til it engage en yank on it

The key to not break them is to not yank the sh*t out of them like a jackass. Not saying you are a jackass lol, but certain technique is needed.

With any pull starter, (with the easy ones this is more forgiving but they still execute same principle) you have to feel when the piston is top center (resistance in the pull starter reaches its peak and suddenly starts freeing itself) and then give it a quick solid pull.

Also if you don't do it properly the engine cam back fire and definitely break the pull starter.
After about 60 tanks in my cheapo baja Im still using the pull starter it came with, so I guess I’m doing it ok.
If the engine is well primed it should start with just 1 or 2 pulls.
And remember, no engine is made to need 20 pulls for starting.

The entire point being that you can just get the same replacement or a better quality one to easily swap it if you get the hang of it since replacing pull starters and NOT changing the technique will result in… more pull starters

Last edited:
The key to not break them is to not yank the sh*t out of them like a jackass. Not saying you are a jackass lol, but certain technique is needed.

With any pull starter, (with the easy ones this is more forgiving but they still execute same principle) you have to feel when the piston is top center (resistance in the pull starter reaches its peak and suddenly starts freeing itself) and then give it a quick solid pull.

Also if you don't do it properly the engine cam back fire and definitely break the pull starter.
After about 60 tanks in my cheapo baja Im still using the pull starter it came with, so I guess I’m doing it ok.
If the engine is well primed it should start with just 1 or 2 pulls.
And remember, no engine is made to need 20 pulls for starting.

The entire point being that you can just get the same replacement or a better quality one to easily swap it if you get the hang of it since replacing pull starters and NOT changing the technique will result in… more pull starte

Thank u so much this is very well explained for a beginner like me

You will need to get a piston stopper tool to keep the engine from rotating in order to remove the nut that holds the flywheel to the crank shaft. It screws into the spark plug hole on the top of engine. You can get one from King Motor, DDM, and a few other places.
This one includes a flywheel puller but can also be used to remove the clutch mount if and when that time may come.
https://www.kingmotorrc.com/product-kme034

DDM has the piston stop by itself.
https://www.davesmotors.com/Search-Page?search=piston stop

Be sure to rotate the flywheel so the piston makes contact with the piston stopper in the direction the nut needs to be removed first before applying any force on the nut. If it takes too much effort to remove the nut, you may need to apply some heat with a heat gun. Not sure if a hair dryer would work. Just about any hardware shop would carry a heat gun. Places like walmart, lowes, homedepot, would be where to look for one if you do not already have such. If you are going to use thread locker on the extended nut, use the removable type like the LOCTITE blue 242 or Permatex blue 24200. It will state removable on the package.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks