Servo final came.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midwestguy69

So i got my servo and that was the problem but i have a few questions. After i hooked it up it seems that it turns more left than right. I made sure the servo gear was centered and i actually marked it with a orange sharpie and sure enough it turns more left than right. Another issue is when i turn the wheels my voltwatch goes down 2 LED's and keeps them lit up for around 5 seconds like its dragging the power down. Plus the servo still makes a low growling noise after you let go of the control for steering, even when the wheels snap back to the straight position it still hums a bit for 5 seconds or so and keeps the voltwatch lit up?

So i got my servo and that was the problem but i have a few questions. After i hooked it up it seems that it turns more left than right. I made sure the servo gear was centered and i actually marked it with a orange sharpie and sure enough it turns more left than right. Another issue is when i turn the wheels my voltwatch goes down 2 LED's and keeps them lit up for around 5 seconds like its dragging the power down. Plus the servo still makes a low growling noise after you let go of the control for steering, even when the wheels snap back to the straight position it still hums a bit for 5 seconds or so and keeps the voltwatch lit up?

i have the same car as u pal , firstly glad u got the servo ! i also have a volt watch , since i got the car on the 1st march when i charged it i have used it everyday for about 30 to 40 minuites and last night on the 9th march i took it out still going strong ... but put it on charge again ... the volt watch has always been on green ( full ) charge and only drops like yours when its pulling power from the battery , after that it returns to full , also when i switch the car on my front stearing servo also buzzs i just lift the from off the ground and put it back down again and it stops . also keep an eye on your wheel nuts i had one come loose on a feild and my wheel came off , luckly i found it ( the wheel nut ) ... also if your running it on grass or anywhere dusty put a stocking or cover to stop leaves and grass getting sucked into the vents on the pull start were the fan is , also keep everything tight and after a few runs check the bolts in the top of the engine and pipe plus carb , change the plug too to a nkg cmr5h and use synthetic oil 25.1 , and u should have no prob , i have not with myn yet and not replaced anything.... cheers hope this helps .

Ok the trim was off on the controller. I set it and i need to pull the horn and reposition! My bad! And thats what i do when the voltwatch lights up.if i push the front of the car down it stops? Will fix and update this evening:p

Ok the trim was off on the controller. I set it and i need to pull the horn and reposition! My bad! And thats what i do when the voltwatch lights up.if i push the front of the car down it stops? Will fix and update this evening:p

Yeah... The horn on that servo does NOT go in dead center (staright up) when in nuetral position... it goes 10 degrees to the right (about 1 tooth) when looking at it from the front of the car...

After this ... then you can re-center your controller's trim and epa

Mine also steers a bit more to the left than to the right... but not by much... I corrected the EPA so once the steering goes as far as it can to either direction the controller stops there... this should extend the life of the servo a bit... and don't forget to adjust your servo saver... don't over tighten it...

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks