Servo issue?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am having a weird servo issue.I fried a D845WP and I still have no idea what went wrong so I am just going to chalk that up to manufacturers defect.I am currently using the MTXL dual steering servo arm set and Dark Soul direct power harness.I have all of the horns disconnected.The issue I am having is when I plug in the battery one of the servos is making a ticking noise and the sound is very low but it sounds like the servo is cycling back and forth slightly.I am using a Lipo that currently is low on voltage because it is in a storage state of charge.What do you guys think the issue is low voltage?Any ideas are welcome I don't want to keep frying servo's.Thanks

I am having a weird servo issue.I fried a D845WP and I still have no idea what went wrong so I am just going to chalk that up to manufacturers defect.I am currently using the MTXL dual steering servo arm set and Dark Soul direct power harness.I have all of the horns disconnected.The issue I am having is when I plug in the battery one of the servos is making a ticking noise and the sound is very low but it sounds like the servo is cycling back and forth slightly.I am using a Lipo that currently is low on voltage because it is in a storage state of charge.What do you guys think the issue is low voltage?Any ideas are welcome I don't want to keep frying servo's.Thanks

My hitec servos all do this, I was told it’s due to the high response rate of my controller & them centring themselves ??‍♂️

Yeah Hitec just told me the same thing but only one servo does it and the other 5 don't so I don't think this is normal.I have them set up in a dual steering set up and one does it and the other doesn't with and without linkage connected.I even tried switching channels and spots on the harness and as soon as it is powered on with the transmitter it makes the noise but as soon as the transmitter is powered off the servo is silent.I also set all of my sub trims to 0 to make sure it isn't that.

I am in no way very knowledgeable at any of this but you and I are kind of looking at it from the same point of view.It probably is not as complicated as I am making it sound but I like to make sure.I might order a Hitec programmer and just make sure and it isn't like it won't be useful in the future cause we all know this will not be the last time I build one of these things.

When you say hooked up do you mean linkages cause if you mean wiring then hell yes there is definitely something kooky if it is still making noise haha.

The weird thing is if my 7px isn't powered on it is silent but as soon as I power it on it makes the noise.

Yes linkages hooked up or not.
And ok I was thinking it was just a power on and make noise kinda of deal, I wasnt thinking the radio was powered on as well. Yeah noise is normal in that case. Yes I do think there is something wrong with the servo personally, but I've heard that before from hpi and savox on some of my std servos.

I am kinda confused because if it was a mechanical issue or the servo was malfunctioning then as soon as it is powered it would make the noise I would think but it only does it when the 7px is powered on so it is either the radio causing the issue or the servo is having issues with the signal from the radio like the excuse they gave Zephyr?

Yes its a signal issue, like zephyr said. Set your refresh rate to a lower setting and see if it stops. Its normal for it to happen, but as far as I'm concerned ita a problem child.

Well the servo programmer and switching refresh rates didn't help so I am going to be sending 6 servos back to Hitec.How are Futaba servo's?

The Hitec tech I spoke to was an idiot and I hate using that word but in this case it applies.I asked him about quality control and how close the tolerances were when making them and he assured me it was very good and the servos were all made to very tight tolerances.I then asked him how me being a single customer buying roughly 8 of the same model servo's could have two that had the same issue in two different vehicles using different receivers and batteries and his answer was it happens from time to time?He meant the servos having this issue not one or two servos going out that don't function properly.He stated that this is normal and that servos do this ever once and a while and I shouldn't worry about it.

SWell I had a 45 minute conversation with Hitec and at the end of the conversation the tech said he couldn't help me figure out what was wrong and told me to send all of them in to get replaced.I then called Futaba and the tech there was lost for 20 minutes himself until he put one of the senior tech's on the phone and he kind of gave me an answer that sort of makes sense.He told me that adjusting the deadband would help but what he thinks is happening is the Futaba radio system is a bit too fast for the servo so the servo is cycling to try to keep up.He said as long as it isn't getting how it should be fine.I have my deadband set at 8 and they are almost silent now so who knows.I would love to know where you guys have your deadbands set up on your rigs if you don't mind taking the time to help me out.Thanks for all the help so far.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks