Servo setup.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi folks.

I've just picked up a 5ive T which I'm going to convert to E, the engine and tank are sat here beside me if anyone wants it?!!

However... the first question is just of curiosity. Dual steering servos, I don't feel the need, but electrically, how would you set this up? You would need a transmitter where you could join two channels?

Second, while I am converting this to an E setup I want to keep the standard mechanical braking system, so I will need a brake servo. With the petrol engine the one servo is power and brake. With the electrics the ESC will be power from 0 to -1, but I need 0 to +1 to go to the brake servo on a different channel. I have the Futaba 7XP transmitter, will I be able to control this without any extra kit?

If more kit will be needed could you please post me some make and part numbers if you have them.

Many, many thanks.

On servos, some have 2 steering channels such as the Traxxas TQI that is used in erevo. Others, like Losi LST XXL use a y harness. I have 5T and think 1 strong servo is fine.

My 5ive-T Conversion with only 1 Spektrum S9020 for steering. It is adequate. No Mechanical Brakes needed. I kept things simple and straightforward. Futaba 7PX you can use 2 channels for 2 steering servos, 1 channel for the ESC, and 1 channel for brake servo, if thats what you want to do. I Used External Battery 2S 4000 mAH 100c + Castle BEC @7.2V to power Servo and ESC via Futaba RX. You need to do this as well especially if your planning 3 servos.

80-img_1809_129f071056ce3f972512ef1a5d9ba967cb7c60fa.jpg

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks