Servo Speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MonsterAir

Lone Racer 🤠
I'm in the market for a high torque 7.4v steering servo to put in my F1 and had a question about servo speed. How much faster is a .10sec vs .17sec. I have a Savox 0241MG for steering in my Marder and it seems pretty quick so was thinking about just getting another one of them but before I do I wanted to get your guys input.

That speed difference is like going from the steering of an old Cadillac to an original well-set-up Mini!!
You will notice that.

Don't forget, a larger, heavy truck will have inertia and momentum, so laws of physics will delay the actual time it takes to change direction as well.

Al.

The .10 is almost twice as fast as the .17
They time them from center to full left to full right and back is where that number comes from
the fastest are the best for older people we have slower reflexes we drive behind the car
Now tork the more tork the better for big cars so how do you decide
Let your billfold be your guide
Also speed is controlled by your radio a digital servo will not be as fast as it can be with a cheeper radio
It's called Legacy and most radio run at 18 ms cheeper ones then 15 ms for better ones and 5 ms for the best digital ones the ms is the same as servo speed
So if you spend big dollars for a expensive servo and have a cheep radio it slows down your servo
Hope that helped you out

Last edited:
Quick question for ya nitrocat..... I found out my transmitter (Spektrum DX4S) runs at 11ms at it's fastest. Now, I'm a little confused how that matches up with the speed of these servos. For example my Savoz sw0241MG moves at .17sec, is that ms (milliseconds)? Am I right in thinking that the fastest my transmitter will move a servo is .11sec?

The servo is .17 at its best
But you can make the car respond faster by the radio
If you have a .5 digital radio
You pick up .6 ms
And that's the time when you turn the wheel till it gets to the car
As I said when your young and have reflexes you can make up for a slow radio
But I'm slow and I drive behind the car so I need all the help I can get
It sucks getting old [emoji457]

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks