Servo started slipping, not sure why

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malex

Hey All,

Today lost steering on my dbxl-e (stock servo) and not sure why or if fixable.

After removing the servo case I can see the gears look good and with it disconnected from the wheels (no resistance) the servo turns just fine, but with some resistance the lowest servo gears just spin.

It seems more like something is loose instead of broken, but not sure.

Here's a video showing what I mean:Video

Any advice would be much appreciated, thanks!

Malex

stock servos=bin fodder?...chk in a hitec d845 or simular savox jumbo =job done?
vid never played for me either?

Thanks, I'll check these out!

But I'm traveling a for the week so getting new parts is a bit of a challenge. Brought the car for the trip so am hoping this one can be salvaged lol

Cheers,

Malex

hhmm...highly doubt it ?...I've had a few servos here which seemed to work fine out the rc...?..but soon as its in it/underload then won't work properly ☹....butu may get lucky?
...try to find a localish model shop maybe if u travel about alot ?

hhmm...highly doubt it ?...I've had a few servos here which seemed to work fine out the rc...?..but soon as its in it/underload then won't work properly ☹....butu may get lucky?
...try to find a localish model shop maybe if u travel about alot ?

Yep
Where are you located/traveling?

San Diego!

Lots of hobby shops, but not finding much carrying 1/5 scale parts.
I would assume that there is a set screw or a pin that is suppose to hold the gear tight to the shaft. I'm thinking the setscrew is lose or pin broke. I've never taken a servo apart so I'm guessing.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. Guess since I'm going to replace it at this point I'll go ahead and tear the whole thing apart and probably break it more in the process but hopefully will learn something lol

Thanks! ?

Last edited:
Yep

San Diego!

Lots of hobby shops, but not finding much carrying 1/5 scale parts.

That's kind of what I'm thinking. Guess since I'm going to replace it at this point I'll go ahead and tear the whole thing apart and probably break it more in the process but hopefully will learn something lol

Thanks! ?

Found the issue. With this stock servo, there are a few gears within gears. I thought they were one solid piece, but no. This is what came loose: https://photos.app.goo.gl/1W2DETdGM15m7VEW7

Seems like a flawed design to me.

Upgrading to a Spektrum servo now.

Cheers All!

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks